i7-920 $199.99 at Microcenter - In-Store Only

I got mine from the Microcenter near Philadelphia, such a good deal! It's SLBEJ too.

I'm buying one at Microcenter, today. I'll look for SLBEJ.

When I asked the guy who opened the cabinet for me "can I take a look at that?" he said "don't worry, it's a D0...SLBEJ." Good guy, enough for me to go to their survey website and comment on him. Knew his stuff, really seemed to live [H]ard ! Derek, are you out here ?

They're selling these like hotcakes, moving plenty of stock, you'd have to be the unluckiest person in the world to manage to not get a D0.

When I asked the guy who opened the cabinet for me "can I take a look at that?" he said "don't worry, it's a D0...SLBEJ." Good guy, enough for me to go to their survey website and comment on him. Knew his stuff, really seemed to live [H]ard ! Derek, are you out here ?

They're selling these like hotcakes, moving plenty of stock, you'd have to be the unluckiest person in the world to manage to not get a D0.

The guy who pulled out my Q6600 last year said the same thing.

Me: Can I look at it real quick?

Him: Don't worry, it's a SLACR.

The guys do tend to be knowledgeable, and if they are bothering you, just tell them you're fine. That will do the trick. If one of them is nice, I'll let them put their sticker on my stuff - it doesn't cost me any extra. I'm just not sure how they get it on there so fast or without me noticing.

side note: it's funny how people who want to buy this online (those who don't have a microcenter near them) have a hard time figuring out why that is. But, the people who do live near one, know it instantly, due to the fact that they have never walked out of microcenter without spending at least $25 more than they planned, if not more.

Also, the guys in microcenter aren't always the most cheerful or good looking bunch (seriously corporate, give them a break and just issue some god damn corporate polo shirts so they don't have to wear the bad dress clothes anymore), but I've never run into one that was an idiot, gave bad advice, or generally just didn't know his stuff.

I'll let them put their sticker on my stuff - it doesn't cost me any extra. I'm just not sure how they get it on there so fast or without me noticing.

Having done sales, I make sure to always get a sticker on anything I buy even if I didn't need help deciding/finding it.

The guy who pulled out my Q6600 last year said the same thing.

Me: Can I look at it real quick?

Him: Don't worry, it's a SLACR.

The guys do tend to be knowledgeable, and if they are bothering you, just tell them you're fine. That will do the trick. If one of them is nice, I'll let them put their sticker on my stuff - it doesn't cost me any extra. I'm just not sure how they get it on there so fast or without me noticing.

Im sure even the new guy that has only worked there a week has heard that question 50 times. lol
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I didn't ask for a SLBEJ when I was buying my 920 but the guy at the checkout counter smiled when he saw me reading the box before I payed. So they definitely know that's one of the things people are looking for.

I'm heading there Friday. The add states 1 per household? For those of you that have been before:
Is it like Frys where you have to see the tech wannabees at the computer hardware section and get a ticket to get one from the cage up front or are they on the shelf or do you just tell them at the register?
In that do you have to give them your address during purchase or at the tech counter? I mean I have 4 hours to kill. I can purchase one outright up front kill an hour in store and then pick up another one. Both to sell trade since I'm going 975 Extreme.

I'm heading there Friday. The add states 1 per household? For those of you that have been before:
Is it like Frys where you have to see the tech wannabees at the computer hardware section and get a ticket to get one from the cage up front or are they on the shelf or do you just tell them at the register?
In that do you have to give them your address during purchase or at the tech counter? I mean I have 4 hours to kill. I can purchase one outright up front kill an hour in store and then pick up another one. Both to sell trade since I'm going 975 Extreme.

I had to but that's since I did in-store pickup. If you just get one off the shelf I don't believe they have any tracking method currently.

I had to but that's since I did in-store pickup. If you just get one off the shelf I don't believe they have any tracking method currently.
Wow they
have them on the shelf? Frys acts like they are the Mona Lisa (sp) or something. Communist bastards.

They are in locked cabinet, and the sales guy has always brought it up front for them to hold until I'm done shopping. Close to the same system.

Excuse my ignorance but whats a d0 model? Is it a known model that yields higher overclocking?

If one of them is nice, I'll let them put their sticker on my stuff - it doesn't cost me any extra. I'm just not sure how they get it on there so fast or without me noticing.

I think they have Spider-man-like label dispensers up their sleeves. I have noticed before, they can be super-crafty about it, one time I was confident the guy HADN'T put a sticker on a box until I checked closely.

Sweet im 13 miles away from the one of the locations in Chicago. Might go visit it soon and pick one up, Sounds like my kind of store :cool:

I think they have Spider-man-like label dispensers up their sleeves. I have noticed before, they can be super-crafty about it, one time I was confident the guy HADN'T put a sticker on a box until I checked closely.

Whats this whole sticker crap about?

yeah at my microcenter I have a three salespeople who know me by name lol. I call it sticker wars when they are all on at the same time. Some can nerd rage your ear off but good people all in all who know their stuff.

yeah at my microcenter I have a three salespeople who know me by name lol. I call it sticker wars when they are all on at the same time. Some can nerd rage your ear off but good people all in all who know their stuff.

:eek: lmao

someone care to tell me what stickers you guys are talking about? I've only been to microcenter once and it was to buy beatles rock band when they had it on sale when it was first released and i never saw any sticker or anything of that sorts.

someone care to tell me what stickers you guys are talking about? I've only been to microcenter once and it was to buy beatles rock band when they had it on sale when it was first released and i never saw any sticker or anything of that sorts.

Its posted above. Aparently the sales reps are on a commission basis. Just the same at Frys although Frys you can get around them adding all kinds of shit to a ticket by picking up the extra items after they write up a ticket at the hardware counter.
I don't like to help out the Frys guys they are all dicks and don't like to help people here in Arlington, TX.

When they help you, they put "their" sticker next to the UPC. Then the cashier scans it, and the sales guy gets credit for the sale. I don't know if they are on strict commission, hourly+commission, or hourly+bonuses, but I know they get something out of it, because they are very good about making sure their sticker is on the stuff they helped you with.

As far as Fry's versus Microcenter, Fry's is way bigger, has more stuff, and is generally a nicer looking store, but Microcenter has better employees by far and away. I always get a sticker on everything, a "free" sale makes the sales guys much happier than you could ever imagine, and it doesn't cost me anything.

it's why they know me by name lol...I will usually seek one out when I have an armful and say "hey put your stickers on this if you want." The younger ones will leave you alone unless you ask for help, the unix gurus will follow you around..and god help you if you get stuck in an amd/intel fan boy war.

When they help you, they put "their" sticker next to the UPC. Then the cashier scans it, and the sales guy gets credit for the sale. I don't know if they are on strict commission, hourly+commission, or hourly+bonuses, but I know they get something out of it, because they are very good about making sure their sticker is on the stuff they helped you with.

As far as Fry's versus Microcenter, Fry's is way bigger, has more stuff, and is generally a nicer looking store, but Microcenter has better employees by far and away. I always get a sticker on everything, a "free" sale makes the sales guys much happier than you could ever imagine, and it doesn't cost me anything.

If I could ever get someone to actually come over and open the fucking case I wouldn't care about the sticker, but as it is at the local MC I should get the commission for the hassle. I don't understand the case anyways, if I'm going to steal something it'll be the stack of 2tb OEM WD drives right next to it :D

Frys locks up the ram also sometimes they even lock up sd cards when they are on sale. Pretty damn stupid on top of that they move stock when its on sale to an inconspiculous location no where near where it should be displayed. Its a great marketing strategy if you want to save money and not loose money on the sales, but from a consumer standpoint its bad business to me. Either don't put the shit on sale and keep it where it belongs or eat crow and leave it where it belongs.

No Fry's here in Boston. MC is just over the river in Cambridge. For B&M, they are the best components store around. they seem to carry lots of refurb PC's though. It can be a fun place to visit.

My most recent purchases were my Q6600 and P180 case (almost 2 years ago now). I'll go over on nice days just to get out of work for a while. I used to go more when my Father-in-Law worked in Cambridge.

god help you if you get stuck in an amd/intel fan boy war.
Santa Clara Microcenter. Mission Blvd.

The employee would not stop talking about EVGA vs ASUS. :(

Santa Clara Microcenter. Mission Blvd.

The employee would not stop talking about EVGA vs ASUS. :(

when I got my second 260 there for 120 bucks on sale one week - the salesman /unix guy went on and on about how his 4890 crossfire would be so much better than my 260 sli....so I asked him what size was his monitor..17" LCD...I loled.

Got my your item is ready email for my 920. They only have 6 more instock and I wont be up there till about 6pm so I doubt I will have the chance to hand pick mine. Oh well.

I picked up an i7 920 at the KC Microcenter today. They had 43 in stock, all SLBEJ.
Mine has a batch# of 3927A476
Just couldn't pass up the deal. Plus I needed something better to go with my 5870.

Now to get a mobo and ram to go with it......Hopefully the next couple of months will present some nice deals.

Just walked out of microshit in dallas after my first time visit what a shit hole. Ill stick to frys!

No b batches but i put them to work after no one said shit to me for an hour and a half. got out with the lowest they had
3931a253

Got one up HERE for those that aren't close to one. This is the Retail Price $199.99+Tax @ 8.25% (DALLAS)+Gas for picking the damn thing up in Rush hour traffic in Dallas stop go stop go stop..... $20+Shipping to you $12inc Ins =$250 FIRM OR I'M LOOSING MONEY

Batch number is listed in the post right above this one and in the linked FS thread.

Last edited:
Got one up HERE for those that aren't close to one. Its like $220 after tax + My gas and time + Shipping to you=$260

Batch number is listed in the post right above this one and in the linked FS thread.

we all appreciate your help in price gouging us.

we all appreciate your help in price gouging us.

Gouging? Ok order for $290 @ the egg. You expect me to sell it for $199.99? I have to pay tax. I will have to ship it to you. (they aren't exactly the lightest boxes) not to mention shipping is fucking unreal now. I used gas to get there. ALOT of gas. It was through Dallas at peak rush hour on a Friday. What would you suggest I sell it at? Get on ebay and get one for more or go to newegg and order one for $290. I'm still giving a deal and I'm not making shit on it for my time. I spent $20 in gas to get the damn thing I mean come on. I was on e before we left the house I threw $20 in the tank had to get gas actually on the way home and not by the house so I spent more then $20 in gas. :mad:

Hell be glad I wasn't driving my camaro that gets 8mpg highway on a good day! :D Don't ask about city let alone stop and go crawling traffic.

Last edited:
Gouging? Ok order for $290 @ the egg. You expect me to sell it for $199.99? I have to pay tax. I will have to ship it to you. (they aren't exactly the lightest boxes) not to mention shipping is fucking unreal now. I used gas to get there. ALOT of gas. It was through Dallas at peak rush hour on a Friday. What would you suggest I sell it at? Get on ebay and get one for more or go to newegg and order one for $290. I'm still giving a deal and I'm not making shit on it for my time. I spent $20 in gas to get the damn thing I mean come on. I was on e before we left the house I threw $20 in the tank had to get gas actually on the way home and not by the house so I spent more then $20 in gas. :mad:

If you put it in the FS thread, I am sure it will easily sell to the members that do not have a MC or Fry's. Its still a great deal for those members. If they want to whine, they can wait it out for someone willing to sell cheaper.

You will always have those people that want everything for damn near free on Brand new items. Patience is your friend, give it a few days in fs and it will sell!

Back