i7-7700k $299 @ Amazon

They would have to do that if the motherboards were compatible. Since they are not a user may want to upgrade an i3 or i5 system and keep the board.

Motherf... I just ordered one Sunday and it was delivered today. Paid $309 for it. Will Amazon price match like Best Buy does? IE, if the item you buy goes on sale within 14 days after you buy it BB will refund the difference.

Motherf... I just ordered one Sunday and it was delivered today. Paid $309 for it. Will Amazon price match like Best Buy does? IE, if the item you buy goes on sale within 14 days after you buy it BB will refund the difference.

Amazon will price match their own site within 7 Days.

I'd return it. 6core coffee lake replaces it on Oct 5th.

Amazon will price match their own site within 7 Days.
Just did a chat session with Amazon. Here is an excerpt:
06:31 PM PDT Mayuresh: I'm sorry about this but as per revised Amazon pricing policy, We're unable to price match on Amazon even if the price drops within 7 days from the date of delivery.
But as a one time exception I will help you with a refund of $10 right away.
I hope this helps you ?
06:32 PM PDT ME: Sorry to hear that you don't do the 7 day price match anymore. But thanks for helping me out this one time.
06:33 PM PDT Mayuresh: As an alternative to your original payment method, you can receive your refund on Amazon Gift Card to expedite your funds availability. Which method would you prefer?
So apparently they don't officially do the internal price match any more but chances are if you ask you'll probably get it.

I'd return it. 6core coffee lake replaces it on Oct 5th.
Gave that some consideration, especially since I could use a couple extra cores. But I'm ready now and I don't like playing guinea pig for a new processor AND platform. Yeah, yeah, 8700K is basically the 7700K and a half and the Z370 is just a minor bump from the Z270. I'd rather give them both some time to mature than jump on the bandwagon now. Maybe next year...

Given there is no 4 core 8 thread product (much less unlocked) in the 8th generation lineup right now, I don't think the 7700k is going anywhere soon. It will be interesting to see how long Intel continues to manufacture Kabby Lake seeing how it launched 9 months ago.

Last edited:
Gave that some consideration, especially since I could use a couple extra cores. But I'm ready now and I don't like playing guinea pig for a new processor AND platform. Yeah, yeah, 8700K is basically the 7700K and a half and the Z370 is just a minor bump from the Z270. I'd rather give them both some time to mature than jump on the bandwagon now. Maybe next year...
I think you should "reconsider". It seems downright silly to go with a 4 core cpu when we are just over a week away from Intel finally launching mainstream 6 core cpus. Heck just the upcoming i5 will be faster and cheaper than the 7700k and you wont have to worry about next year or really the next few years for that matter.

But I'm ready now and I don't like playing guinea pig for a new processor AND platform. Yeah, yeah, 8700K is basically the 7700K and a half and the Z370 is just a minor bump from the Z270. I'd rather give them both some time to mature than jump on the bandwagon now. Maybe next year...

Edit.

Last edited:
Back