i7-6700K Skylake CPU $288 at Monoprice.com

Of course. Right after I bought mine from amazon.

This is why I try to buy most things (especially tech) with a credit card that has price protection. Find the same item lower within 90 days? Get the difference back.

Also: I didn't know Monoprice sold CPUs until today...

Most likely the "new price" with Kaby Lake nearing imminent release, but still good given how long prices have been inflated on these parts and how little perf improvement is expected of 7th gen.

This is why I try to buy most things (especially tech) with a credit card that has price protection. Find the same item lower within 90 days? Get the difference back.

Also: I didn't know Monoprice sold CPUs until today...

OOooo. Thats right. That is a thing with discover. TY!

Sooo tempting, fortunately I'm still butthurt over the way they handled my previous order of this processor using the 15% off code the other day. It makes it easier to pass on the deal.

TBH I like Monoprice and would probably jump on this again, but decided I'll put $500 into necessary car maintenance instead of building a new rig - responsibly prioritizing things is no fun!

I didn't know Monoprice sold CPUs until today...
I didnt either until last week! I recently discovered they also sell some interesting headphone amps, DAC's and related stuff too.

Discover now excludes computer equipment from their price protection.

I wish they'd do the same to the 6800k (or 6850k!) so I can jump in on that and finally build me that x99 system.

Back