i7-6700K $259 At Microcenter !

They've run these prices for months.......this isn't anything new.

edit: nvm, confused/read numbers wrong

Last edited:
$259.99 is an all time low for this CPU as far as I have followed. We just got blasted the email today.

Newegg current price is $339.99

If its not a huge incovenience to go back, they'll price match you the difference within 15 days like most retail stores.

Well, no trip necessary... online chat, can't believe how easy this was to get a $40 refund.

Hello, your Customer Service representative is BoP
Welcome to www.microcenter.com Timothy. Your Customer Service professional, BoP, will be right with you.
BoP
Thank you for choosing Micro Center. Due tothe increased number of chats, you mayexperience extended wait times as I assistother customers via live chat. Please feel freeto post your question and I will answer you inthe order received,,Thank you
Timothy
I have a Microcenter insider account. I was atthe store Friday and got a CPU, today it's $40cheaper. Can I get a refund?
BoP
Yes I can help you with that ,,I found youthrough you email address,,I will have thestore email confirmation a credit was made,,,Isthere anything else I can help you with today ?

... I'm actually slightly interested in that 6800k price. I have a 4770k and have had no real reason to upgrade, but that's a 6 core latest gen chip for well over 100$ less than usual, with a 30$ bundle savings.

The only issue is that most of the motherboards are just stupid expensive for that socket. I see a few open box ones for ~100$, but that's about as cheap as it gets. Those are probably pretty bad motherboards, too.

Definitely keep your eyes on Microcenter. I bet the 6600k goes for
Making room for Krabby Lake?
Could be. While other reasons might be; slightly overstocked, taking a loss to get you to the store to spend more, or according to the email blast its a early black friday deal

6800k worth spending more on 2011 than just getting 6700k?

Seems like the price at MC is negligible.

70$ difference. Add in gas money and tolls to get to the store.. Only you would know.

I would say the 6700 is fine.

Frickity frack! I wished I knew someone around town here that was going up to the Atlanta area and could snatch me one. :cry:

Is there any real reason to upgrade from an i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz?

IIRC CPU performance has basically flat-lined since then.

Fucking tempting on the 6800k. Eill have to do some homework on that chip.

Daaaaaaang it. I bought from Newegg last week. Days prior to my newegg purchase, I was set on waiting for Micro center to pop a deal like this, but I got impatient.

They've run these prices for months.......this isn't anything new.
You are mistaken. Microcenter or anyone else for that matter have never sold the 6700K for less than $289. Please do your homework before posting ridiculous comments.

Damn this deal is sooo tempting but i dont feel like it would be a worth while upgrade from my 2600k.

6800k worth spending more on 2011 than just getting 6700k?

For gaming the Skylake chips are faster and better. If you need something that requires more cores.. Like video encoding or something.. Then the 6800k would be better.

Is there any real reason to upgrade from an i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz?
IIRC CPU performance has basically flat-lined since then.
You'd get 20-25% more absolute performance going from either :
1) 2500K -> 6600K
2) 2600K/2700K -> 6700K

That's assuming the same max OCs, so add a little more if you get lucky and hit 5GHz on Skylake.
So yeah, faster, but a little yawn inducing unless you count the platform upgrades.

Wish Intel would quit f*cking around and launch HEDT first like the good old Nehalem days...

1) 2500K -> 6600K
2) 2600K/2700K -> 6700K

That's assuming the same max OCs, so add a little more if you get lucky and hit 5GHz on Skylake.
So yeah, faster, but a little yawn inducing unless you count the platform upgrades.

Wish Intel would quit f*cking around and launch HEDT first like the good old Nehalem days...

5GHz on skylake.:ROFLMAO:

There's an open box 6800k at the store near me for $263.96! :geek:

24m7q88.png

You know its a probably crappy overclocker right? But if that doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter.

It could have been someone who owned a system with that socket and went and bought the top of the line and decided they didn't see enough difference from what they had before and returned it.

Or like you said someone may have worked it good to see what it could do or maybe even done a review and returned it.

you're right, I had a brain fart and read the number wrong
No worries, MC has definitely had lower prices on their i7 PEDT platform in the past but Skylake started high and stayed high until recently.

Well, no trip necessary... online chat, can't believe how easy this was to get a $40 refund.
Awesome, great to know for the future! MC is close to me but that CS line can be a huge PITA to stand in.

1) 2500K -> 6600K
2) 2600K/2700K -> 6700K

Yep, spot on, although I would say the platform updates are pretty significant at this point and while any individual spec change isn't that significant, in total its pretty a pretty big upgrade overall:

1) PCIe 3.0
2) Native NVMe 32Gbps/PCIe x4
3) Native USB 3.0/USB3.1
4) Native SATA 3.0 on all ports
5) DDR4
6) UEFI and FastBoot for Win8.x/Win10

But yeah its pretty annoying the new uArch always debut on PEDT and the HEDT is a year or more behind, so you are almost always forced to give up single core performance and efficiency/clockspeed for a few extra cores and slight platform advantages.

Back