http://images.frys.com/art/email/103115_sat229sdp/sat_web.html

promo code from email sub needed

$390 @ amazon and newegg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00MMLXIKY/

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402

oh look, $130 2011 mobo @ Frys today too

box_18.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wonder how many they have in stock, almost reminds me of the super cheaper Microcenter CPU deals (RIP Santa Clara MC :()

Edit: Apparently they're also running a "we pay the sales tax" too, in CA that's another $25 off

wow these apparently overclock to 4.6ghz easy

might have to consider if this price comes up again before end of the year elsewhere

box_18.jpg

Nothing like seeing X series stuff at price parities with "mainstream" parts.

Remember that time when if you had an "X"class system that you could count on it being at least 20-50% more expensive than your average filthy casual setup?

Is this in store only? tried to add to cart and use the code from my email but it says it does not apply.

i might've upgraded early if i had that price. signed up with an email address that I don't mind if it gets spammed.

Edit: Apparently they're also running a "we pay the sales tax" too, in CA that's another $25 off

Does that work on CPUs? I know they're doing that for 4K TVs and I kind of remember an ad saying they were doing it for some other things but I didn't pay much attention to it. Might have to try and snag one if there's no tax too..

Nothing like seeing X series stuff at price parities with "mainstream" parts.

Remember that time when if you had an "X"class system that you could count on it being at least 20-50% more expensive than your average filthy casual setup?

I bet there's still people here running i7-920/950's and X58's. I know I didn't have any real need to upgrade when I sold mine.

I'd pick up a 5820k and go X-series again if I had a Fry's around.

Just grabbed one... I was gonna hold of.. but at that price I could not resist. $301.24 out the door with tax. Now I just gotta settle on a X99 MOBO and some DDR4 RAM... both coimg up at good prices recently. :D

Would do it, but I'd have to upgrade from my x79 board, which kills any savings... Sweet price otherwise..

wow these apparently overclock to 4.6ghz easy

might have to consider if this price comes up again before end of the year elsewhere

box_18.jpg

Looks like I'm in for my second trip to Frys today to PU this MOBO, just ordered 16GB of GSkill DDR4 2400 from the egg. Guess I know what I'll be doing next weekend. :D

Why can't one of these be close to me damn it. Killer deal.
I've lived a couple of blocks away from one since that location opened 20 years ago, and I'm happy to NOT go there very often anymore. :p The amount I've spent there over the years is insane. This deal, as good as it is, doesn't even interest me.

Where are you all seeing this? I don't have this anywhere in my Fry's email for today.

Where are you all seeing this? I don't have this anywhere in my Fry's email for today.

N/M I see them now. I've never used the promo code emails before I get so took me a moment to figure it out. Carry on. :)

I don't seem to have the email... And I have a new case, and I'm standing in frys, Oh well I guess I'll stick with a 3930k?

Someone wanna hook up their code?

I don't seem to have the email... And I have a new case, and I'm standing in frys, Oh well I guess I'll stick with a 3930k?

Someone wanna hook up their code?

Yeah sure here you go : 4432783797

I desperately need/want to build a new rig (still rocking a Q9650 or something so old I don't even remember the damn numbers), but got no time to do Fry's this weekend, I might just wait until BF before hording components.

You can sign up for email (do the daily thing) and get a code immediately too.

Better single thread performance.. SATA express? Seem like legit reasons to me.

I had SATA express on my x99 board. You can always OC to boost the single thread performance. You can't add extra cores.

I had SATA express on my x99 board. You can always OC to boost the single thread performance. You can't add extra cores.

I cannot find a reason to gripe here. Just got into an unlocked 6 core CPU for less than the 6700k upgrade would have cost. I resisted the upgrade bug a few generations and rocked the P67 rig in my siggy since Sandy Bridge released (had a 2500k at that time) what, 5 years ago? And my nephew is getting it when I'm done and will probably last him years.

If I get 4.4ish outta this cpu I should be good with video card upgrades for another 4 or 5 years gaming on a single screen. :D

yup, this is a great buy, especially when you consider support for multithreading in games is already pretty decent, and it's only going to get better. this thing's pretty much on par with the high end i7 quads clock for clock, and when you need it you'll have an extra two cores over them.

Here here - 920 on an evga x58 LE. It'll be retired soon but it's been a trooper for almost 7 yrs.

Ditto that. About to upgrade mine since im trying to move all my stuff to one box and I dont think the 920 will do blue iris camera/plex/htpc media center recordings and more..

I saw this deal in the saturday email. But holding off for the 5960x to either drop below the $888 (lowest price they've had it). Or I might just wait till next year for the new enthusiast series.

If Fry's and Microcenter can sell these CPU's for so cheap, and really any CPU for significantly less than others. Why the hell are they so expensive on Newegg and Amazon and every where else?

If Fry's and Microcenter can sell these CPU's for so cheap, and really any CPU for significantly less than others. Why the hell are they so expensive on Newegg and Amazon and every where else?
Probably use them as quasi-loss leaders, just to get you in the door, and then hopefully buy the mobo, memory and anything else you might need with your CPU. Although I still don't think they are selling below cost, but I'm not sure that they post bulk pricing anymore do they?

Wow, very nice price! Wonder if these will be any cheaper at black friday. I may have to bite then!

Did you forget that these are only about 50-70 dollars cheaper after taxes. The brick and mortar places will have them for cheaper but with taxes added on it comes out roughly the same price as say newegg/amazon usually, I think we are seeing the price this low as they are trying to discontinue selling these as next years enthusiast series is around the corner. Although, I do have to pay taxes for Amazon now wtf?:mad:

Also, I know I've seen this model as low as $320 on newegg before. So, its roughly the same price when they do go on sale on newegg.

Last edited:
Back