i7-5820K @Frys $276 w/promo code. today only. In store only.

Bellz

Limp Gawd
box_29.jpg

Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E
6-Core
3.3 GHz
LGA 2011-v3
140W

Newegg currently $389
Microcenter currently $320 In store.

Wow, yesterday they were selling the 5930K for $488 but figured meh, too much considering. Now this, getting awfully tempting to get up hella early and drive down before the open to make sure they have one.

Bought mine there 2 weeks ago for $277.... I wuz robbed! I want my one dorrar back! :p

Back to the topic, they had the MSI X99 mobo on sale as well for l$149 with a $15mir I'm not going to bother with. Ordered the DDR4 from the Egg. Just installed last night to replace my P67/3770k setup. CPU OC'd easily to 4.4GHZ first try at 1.25v under water. 100% load temp under prime is 55~60c. Ima let it settle for a week and then bump the mhz to see what I max out at with the current vcore.

I've seen the 5960x as low as $888 but after taxes and gas, its still bleh. Hoping it gets abit cheaper than that, and I may bite.:D

I payed $299 for mine 3 weeks ago. Wish I can have em refund me the difference on promo items.

They had the same sale last weekend and it while supplies lasted as well. If they would ship this thing maybe supplies wouldn't keep lasting so long.

Send me the money + tax + $6 for shipping and Ill buy you one aldamon.

Shame they don't have a x99 motherboard on sale, last time they did.

Any suggestions?

Shame they don't have a x99 motherboard on sale, last time they did.

Any suggestions?

Last time the MSI X99 MOBO was in the weekly ad and the price was good for a week. There will most likely be a x99 board on sale son.

Last time the MSI X99 MOBO was in the weekly ad and the price was good for a week. There will most likely be a x99 board on sale son.

I'd avoid the MSI boards if you guys plan to run an sli setup, as the pci-e lanes would force you to have the first two gpu to be right on top of each other with no gap for the top card to suck air in.

its temping….. grrr stares at his 2500K @ 4.2ghz

It could be worth if you are good at finding deals. Selling your lga 1155 can still net you a decent amount, that can cut the cost of the upgrade. I managed to upgrade to a 5820k build for about 40% less of the total cost if I had bought em at retail prices. Not to mention I still have my 2600k, mobo and ram to sell so I can cut the cost even more.

Last edited:
It could be worth if you are good at finding deals. Selling your lga 1155 can still net you a decent amount, that can cut the cost of the upgrade. I managed to upgrade to a 5820k build for about 40% less of the total cost if I had bought em at retail prices. Not to mention I still have my 2600k, mobo and ram to sell so I can cut the cost even more.
Yea but I rarely use my 2500K machine let alone new machine with 2 more cores. The 2500K @ 4.2GHZ is still plenty. Plus that means new board, memory, etc.. to much hassle. When I was younger I would have been all over this deal :)

These are the times I wish I had a Fry's around me. I've been waiting for Microcenter Black Friday to pick up a 5820k and a Asrock X99E-ITX.

Title says today only, so technically it has passed? But picture shows good through 11/14?

Does anyone know if deal is still valid?

The sale price will be good through 11/14, but the promo code wont work for the $276 so Itll be like $333 I think.

The sale price will be good through 11/14, but the promo code wont work for the $276 so Itll be like $333 I think.

stupid me... Thanks for clarification! Hope this pops back up soon :D

Great price!

Too bad this is the CPU with only 28 PCIe lanes, instead of the full 40...

Oh is that how it works? It's listed under weekly promo specials, so I assumed that any day's promo would work, or like the ad says with Sunday's code, so you can still use Sunday's until the week is over.

Yeah, maybe you are right. I know they do their 1 day specials and it was listed on the 1 day special page as well but maybe its all week. My bad if it is.

Back