Oswego, not shitty as Buffalo
Too much to fit in title

Core i5-4670K
ASRock Z87 Extreme6 LGA 1150 ATX Motherboard
Grid 2
Grid 2 T-shirt

$335 with free shipping

Link

Sweet deal, even though it's from the nefarious Newegg.

Hum. Just checked micro center and the same combo is 330. Of course when I add tax is comes to $350...

Those are some good deals. I'm trying to decide between the GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H and the ASRock Z87 Extreme6. Any helpful suggestions?

I personally like Gigabyte boards... more features to them. The fan ports on the motherboard can be configured to voltage-level fan control so you don't need to invest in a fan controller (unless you have a lot of fans).

But I've never tried the Asrock E6... I have an Asrock E-ITX right now, and it's alright, overclocks decently well but it doesn't have the bells and whistles that my Z77X-D3h did.

Thanks OP, in for one.

I wasn't going to upgrade from the old 920, but it's served me well, and this is to good of a deal to pass up.

Coming from a Maximus V Gene, I had reservations on ASrock products, but I decided to swap to ASrock because it basically has the same features and I believe the quality is really good this time around. Alot of caps and good overclocking features, mpcie for custom wireless antennas, and at 120-130 dollars, Z87 ASrock is a no brainer especially on the resale value side of things --> the only board I would choose over this would be the ASrock Z87M OC Formula which blows Maximus VI Gene away. This board at 180 blows MSI away.

Haswell sales not doing good? Newegg never has deals like this.

The must be TERRIBLE! Although truth be told, ebay should have loads of turdballs who will buy at used market value so resale value shouldn't be affected.

Awesome deal, ordered the 4770k + Z87 extreme6 this morning, 424 shipped. I have had good luck with all ASRock products I have purchased. Gigabyte too, but I think the Extreme6 has a better feature list for the price. I just wish the Extreme6/Ac had been on the combo list.

If the UD3H full size? Any reason to spring extra for the Asus?

I read some tom's hardware shootout, and the Asus AND the Gigabyte were the best clockers, but the GB was the UD4H, they weren't these exact models outside of the Asus and ASrock. They were getting a full 150MHz over ASRock, which doesn't really make sense. They made no mention of how they arrived at "maximum" overclocks. I know because it's tom's. Ah well, I do like shootouts.

After doing some research, I got this set. It should be better that what I've got. A 2008 Gateway with a 2.5 Ghz quad core in it.

I wasn't going to upgrade from my 920 either, but I happened to see this deal and I've honestly never seen something quite like that on newegg. Hard to resist 100 dollars off a 4770k and a very nice looking ASUS motherboard. I honestly didn't even look at the other motherboards, I've always had really good luck with ASUS so I figured I'd stick with them.

I don't plan on upgrading again for awhile unless something revolutionary comes out (highly unlikely seeing how slow things have been getting on the desktop side of things).

I would stick with ASUS too if they didn't stick with gold...
Ah well. How bad of a person am I if I get this combo and resell the motherboard at higher value? I'm planning on keeping the 4770K.

I would stick with ASUS too if they didn't stick with gold...
Ah well. How bad of a person am I if I get this combo and resell the motherboard at higher value? I'm planning on keeping the 4770K.

I've done this before and to be honest sometimes the extra $20 or so profit isn't worth the effort and responsibility of selling it and pleasing a buyer.

Very tight market right now. All depends on how much of a profit you can make and if that profit is worth it to you.

I know I cancelled my other order just in time they shipped late haha!

Ya, I jumped on the non k from sabrepc's deal a week prior since they didn't have the K version. I don't overclock so it doesn't matter much. But to have the K version just for $5 more lols....

Am I totally wrong here or ASUS & ASRock and not even remotely related?

I see a few people saying they are in because of the ASUS board and I don't know whether that was a "Typo" or if the headache they will get from hitting themselves in the wall will soon pass :D

Am I totally wrong here or ASUS & ASRock and not even remotely related?

I see a few people saying they are in because of the ASUS board and I don't know whether that was a "Typo" or if the headache they will get from hitting themselves in the wall will soon pass :D

The deal itself is a pick and choose type thing, I haven't really seen newegg do something like it before, especially with brand new hardware:

http://promotions.newegg.com/intel/13-2602/index.html

It's 100 dollars off a 4770k and one of the motherboards, and 80 dollars off the 4670k and the same motherboards.

For some reason the OP decided to just post whichever one he preferred out of the choices instead of the special promotion.

I just got the Asus Z87-Pro with Chip cheaper than if I got the Z87-A + Chip that I was planning to get. I am quite happy with this deal.

Thanks for sharing!

asus has the most phases and is an amazing board, i just didn't want to pay 50 dollars more than the ASROCK with a couple less phases. Figure it would work for 4.4-4.7 without dying for a year. Both have MPCIE

Update: Asrock board does not boot down, have to press power button 5 seconds to turn off...and how do you turn off that CRAPPY bios background animations?

While its nice to see newegg offering these combo deals its too bad they only have 4 motherboards to pick from. I was tempted by this deal but none of the motheboards I was looking at are on the list.

I have been an AMD buyer since K6. I just ordered the ASUS w/ 4670k. It's just too good of a deal to pass up. I was considering sticking with AMD and picking up 8320/8350, but this will be mostly my gaming rig. Intel just has too big of a lead when it comes to gaming. This is my first ASUS board. I was MSI until I had to many problems with them, so I have been using Gigabyte for the past couple builds and they have been great. I'm hoping I made a good choice here.I will report back once it comes in.

I never knew how amazing asus programming and SW development was until I tried asrock....they spell standard sandered mode in their copycat version of asus EPU, and fantastic fan wouldn't be such a lame name for fan control if It actually worked!

Back