i3 Skylake Stock Cooler Dimensions

scott_j_17

n00b
Hi All,

For some reason the internet just seems to not have exact specifics no matter what I google. Was hoping that someone was aware of the exact specifications (specifically the height of this, including fan/pins).

Looking at building a super small custom itx machine, and am hoping I have enough clearance for the stock cooler.

The more important asked height required for cooling efficiency: 81.3 mm or 3.20"

Rest of specs:
Top view: 104 mm x 104 mm or 4.09" x 4.09", included clips
Top view: 95 mm x 95 mm or 3.74" x 3.74", without clips
Top view radius: 55.2 mm or 2.17"

intel-core-3rd-boxed-cooler-space-requirements-2.jpg

the info it's widely available in every intel cooling spec guide..

two examples:

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/ww...-guides/3rd-gen-core-lga1155-socket-guide.pdf

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/ww...-guides/4th-gen-core-family-desktop-tmsdg.pdf

Yes, I'm aware and have read those guides, which specifically don't mention the ITX specification. Many ITX cases generally have decent vents directly over the CPU socket, allowing it to draw cool air directly in from outside the case.

Yes, I'm aware and have read those guides, which specifically don't mention the ITX specification. Many ITX cases generally have decent vents directly over the CPU socket, allowing it to draw cool air directly in from outside the case.

Thats because it's a minimum.

Unless a motherboard manufacturer ignores Intel's "no fly zone" around the CPU socket there shouldn't be anything on the board that interferes with the stock cooler. Another alternative to the stock cooler is the Cryorig C7, it runs cooler and quieter and fits into the same footprint as the stock cooler(I think it is a couple mm thicker though).

It's not the motheboard i'm worried about...it's the height from the socket to the edge of the case. I'm currently looking around 55mm from where the cpu will sit to edge of my case.

It's not the motheboard i'm worried about...it's the height from the socket to the edge of the case. I'm currently looking around 55mm from where the cpu will sit to edge of my case.

Draw out how this is going to look please

It's very close to a common itx case, utilizing the same layout as this:

RAVEN by SilverStone - RVZ02

. Dimensions are 400mm x 85mm x 370mm, and will likely. As mentioned, I think I'll have about 55mm of clearance for the cpu cooler.

So you need 81mm of space from the motherboard to the case according to Intel. It appears that the box cooler is about half of that space, including the thickness of the LGA socket and cpu height. I think you'll be just fine

Back