i3 530 $85.** shipped with bing cashback

MrXROK

Gawd
I thought this deserved it's own thread.

Tigerdirect currently selling i3 530 @ $99.97 with a filler for free shipping.

With 15% bing cashback total comes up to $85 and change.....

Type "Sony Laptop" in bing search engine for 15% cash back. 15% Cashback is not instant. You have to wait 60 days for it. I have it pending in my bing account...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot 01a-_-CatId_22_I69-0530

I personally used this filler to get free shipping as it's only 49 cents.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...mc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03ORDER-_-Deals

With newegg gigabyte board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128421 for $70 someone can easily make this into a nice 4 threaded gaming system for $155 for the combo.

great price. intel is close to being able to rival AMD in the lowend market....

I have 4 AMD setups for HTPCs and they are 1/2 the cost of a comparable Intel setup

great price. intel is close to being able to rival AMD in the lowend market....

I have 4 AMD setups for HTPCs and they are 1/2 the cost of a comparable Intel setup

Thing is the i3 is not that lowend. It still is very fast.

Thing is the i3 is not that lowend. It still is very fast.

Yup, the only major differences between an i5 are lack of turbo and slightly lower clocks on the graphics processor. Clocks are slightly lower too, but when you can get at least 4GHz (from the user reviews I've seen) that's not a big deal imo.

$155 after BCB seems like a pretty good deal. It just hurts knowing that RAM will cost you 2/3 of the CPU and mobo cost.

isnt turbo just automatic overclocking? so if you use an i3 at 4ghz anyway it doesnt matter. i dont know of any budget amd chip that can play gta4 vsyncd at 1080p... maybe the 630 but that costs more then this deal!

isnt turbo just automatic overclocking? so if you use an i3 at 4ghz anyway it doesnt matter. i dont know of any budget amd chip that can play gta4 vsyncd at 1080p... maybe the 630 but that costs more then this deal!

AFAIK the 530 vs 630 are the same cpu but the 630 has a faster IGPU which i doubt can run GTA4 at 1080.
Now if you disable turbo and go OC the 530 and 630 shouldn't matter since you are running a fixed multi, i could be wrong as i didn't read much into it, but i think that is what should be.

The only thing holding me back from an i3 based rig right now is the price of DDR3. This CPU deal is definitely hot though!

EDIT: The i3 is faster than the e8400 right?

AFAIK the 530 vs 630 are the same cpu but the 630 has a faster IGPU which i doubt can run GTA4 at 1080.
Now if you disable turbo and go OC the 530 and 630 shouldn't matter since you are running a fixed multi, i could be wrong as i didn't read much into it, but i think that is what should be.

no no, i meant amd 630 x4 vs the i3 530... on a pcie graphics card (like the 8800gt in my case). sorry i should have not been so lazy with my writing.

The only thing holding me back from an i3 based rig right now is the price of DDR3. This CPU deal is definitely hot though!

LOL when was the last time u see the ram cost more than the CPU :(

yeah RAM prices are killer.

glad that i own what i need for a while, its all DDR2 for my desktops and DDR3 for notebooks.

over 12gbs of RAM for my systems :D and most of it was bought last summer when RAM prices were low

yeah RAM prices are killer.

glad that i own what i need for a while, its all DDR2 for my desktops and DDR3 for notebooks.

over 12gbs of RAM for my systems :D and most of it was bought last summer when RAM prices were low

DDR2 and DDR3 prices all suck right now. This is a great buy, but RAM needs to drop a little. I understand if we never see the $20 AR for 4GB prices again, but $50 to $60 seems a lot more reasonable than $90 AR. Prices right now are crazy compared to what they've been the last two years. Sad.

i think in most situations its a little faster, and once you overclock it around +1ghz it kinda makes the 8400 seem silly... especially in real world tests. at least silly when you compare the cost of the two i guess.

i think in most situations its a little faster, and once you overclock it around +1ghz it kinda makes the 8400 seem silly... especially in real world tests. at least silly when you compare the cost of the two i guess.

well, its not like the E8400 cant overclock as well. if you have a nice overclocked CD2 system, i see no reason to jump to an i3 setup

I know that RAM prices are crazy high right now, but hate to burst bubbles -- it doesn't seem like DDR3 prices are going to go down anytime soon and DDR2 is actually increasing in price, due to the decrease in DDR2 production in favor of DDR3. So honestly, whining about the prices isn't going to magically make them drop, might as well just suck it up and buy it now, before it creeps up any more.

well, its not like the E8400 cant overclock as well. if you have a nice overclocked CD2 system, i see no reason to jump to an i3 setup

i know but if youre starting fresh and have the choice between the two, the i3 is by far the better deal imo. but looking back, i guess we are talking about someone who does have an e8400... so... yeah youre right its not worth to upgrade.

I know that RAM prices are crazy high right now, but hate to burst bubbles -- it doesn't seem like DDR3 prices are going to go down anytime soon and DDR2 is actually increasing in price, due to the decrease in DDR2 production in favor of DDR3. So honestly, whining about the prices isn't going to magically make them drop, might as well just suck it up and buy it now, before it creeps up any more.

DDR2 probably will not go down much, but DDR3 will so saying buy now before it goes up is the same idea that got millions of americans upside down on their homeloans...

you dont just buy now b/c of fears that it will rise. you buy now if you need it and have the $$ otherwise you wait, and RAM, ddr3, will go down again... were are in a low supply higher than expected demand cycle....

In dual core optimized apps about same or the i3 is a little bit faster. In quad optimized is where the i3 will decimate the E8400.

Would you run one of these on a P55 if you were going to use discrete graphics anyhow, or would you use one of the H55/H57 boards? Wouldn't the P55 handle it better?

I would go H55 or H57. A processor might not boot with a p55 board as it probably needs a bios update to support the i3 or not.

You also get onboard GPU if you ever decide it on a HTPC use. Sandy Bridge probably would be supported on a H55 and maybe not on P55 but it's too early to tell.

i dont think the p55 is any faster then the h55 its just the pci-16x slots you get with p55 that isnt available on the h55... mainly, if you use SLI video cards, go p55 otherwise its nice to have the video option.

i dont think the p55 is any faster then the h55 its just the pci-16x slots you get with p55 that isnt available on the h55...

huh? H55 has a pcie-16x slot. Most of them have 2 PCIe slots although 4x for crossfire.

If you want 8x sli or crossfire H57 can do it if that's what you were trying to say.

it is. i didnt realize the h57 was able to though.. what is the difference then from the h57 to the p55? besides video ports...

it is. i didnt realize the h57 was able to though.. what is the difference then from the h57 to the p55? besides video ports...

Obvious onboard video for 1.

Rest is mostly bloated. Somethings you are not going to miss.

H57 has over P55....

Intel Remote PC Assist Tech
Intel Identity protect Tech
Intel Quite System Tech (QST)

In dual core optimized apps about same or the i3 is a little bit faster. In quad optimized is where the i3 will decimate the E8400.

Are you thinking the i3 will do better due to hyperthreading? As far as I know, the i3 is dual core, just like the E8400.

Are you thinking the i3 will do better due to hyperthreading? As far as I know, the i3 is dual core, just like the E8400.

Yes, its dual core - but has 4 threads.

And to whomever said earlier that the i3 may not work with p55's without a bios upgrade, I have mine running in a p55 mobo at the moment with factory bios and it runs fine.

Yes, its dual core - but has 4 threads.

And to whomever said earlier that the i3 may not work with p55's without a bios upgrade, I have mine running in a p55 mobo at the moment with factory bios and it runs fine.

It behaves like a quad. I made a thread with some benchies if you guys want to check them out. If anyone wants me to do any other benches in whatever programs let me know :)

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1035337914

It behaves like a quad. I made a thread with some benchies if you guys want to check them out. If anyone wants me to do any other benches in whatever programs let me know :)

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1035337914

I saw a review where it was outperforming q6600 in some multithreaded apps. Seeing as how i3's were $99 at the time at microcenter and used q6600's were $100 or more on here, it seemed like a no brainer buy to me.

Yes hyperthreading has come a long way.

i3 is about as fast as Q9400 in a quad optimized app @ stock. Give or take.

I saw a review where it was outperforming q6600 in some multithreaded apps. Seeing as how i3's were $99 at the time at microcenter and used q6600's were $100 or more on here, it seemed like a no brainer buy to me.

It absolutely blows my mind the price they are charging for this chip compared to what they charged for lga775. I guess they didn't have a choice since the I5 & I7's were already out. :D Pretty strategic though. Unleash their newest tech with some of their baddest beasts first so everyone buys them and then dump out the I3 later :D

Last edited:
Back