i3-2310, 14"-15" around $500'ish - questions

Trimlock

[H]F Junkie
Hi,

My current bulky laptop is appearing to be on its last legs. I'm deploying soon and am eye'ing some 14" to 15" laptops as a replacement. Preferably I'm going to stick with the i3-2310, but the AMD A6 is always an option too. I would like to keep the screen down so I don't have to worry about the bulk of a 17" anymore which is why I decided on the 14 to 15. My price range is $500 +/- $50 doesn't matter.

Has anyone gamed on a system like this? this will be used for very light gaming in the dull times and am wondering how some experiences are.

Any prefered set ups for gaming?

Also open to any awesome deals out there :D.

classes will be taken on these but I'm not worried about any of the processing power from both camps.

edit: would like to add I'm only seeing around a $15 discount from dell and a $40 from HP.

Acer AS5750-6636 $485 free shipping - 15.6'' 1366x768 + i3 2310 + Intel HD300 + 4GB DDR3 + 320GB HDD.

Its not a gaming laptop but fits what you are looking in terms of price.

If you could increse your budget some i would go for something like,

ASUS A53SV-XE1 $799 - 15.6'' 1366x768 + i7 2630QM + Nvidia GT540 Optimus + 6GB DDR3 + 640GB HDD.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Dig around Dell Outlet would be my suggestion. Lenovo Outlet also occasionally has good deals.

Dig around Dell Outlet would be my suggestion. Lenovo Outlet also occasionally has good deals.

Didn't think lenovo would be an option thanks!

Abula that first laptop from acer is the one im looking at. Sad to say ill have to save a few more months to get the asus and im on short notice.

Anyone with any experiences on these? Reviews only tell you so much.

Thanks guys for the heads up!

Last edited:
Back