I3 2100 + MSI H61 Motherboard at Fry's 130 after rebate

If you live near a micro center, they still have their i3 2100 + MSI H61M-P23 combo for $120. Though I have to say the P23 is pretty crappy. I mean seriously, how many people building a new computer will use the parallel or serial ports? If you don't mind waiting for the rebate, the E23 may be worth the difference just for the HDMI port and solid caps.

If you live near a micro center, they still have their i3 2100 + MSI H61M-P23 combo for $120. Though I have to say the P23 is pretty crappy. I mean seriously, how many people building a new computer will use the parallel or serial ports? If you don't mind waiting for the rebate, the E23 may be worth the difference just for the HDMI port and solid caps.

I kept asking myself about the LPT/Serial ports myself, but I have a ton of business customers with very expensive LPT only printers that are too cheap to replace them anytime soon, so I have to still provide systems with LPT ports. Other than that, LPT ports are a dead duck, serial ports I can still see some people having a use for, ie. comm with devices and such.

those mobo's are shit, the failure rate on them is insane. I was lucky enough to get a biostar as a replacement when I took the last one I had back.

I've built 4 systems on those MSI boards with no issues at all.
The MSI H61M-P23 motherboard that is, never tried the E one.

!@#! I wanted this kind of deal like a month ago for a friend's build. Damn you Fry's. Oh well, imo deal isn't *that* great anyways, would rather have the processor only on sale.

Just tried to buy this, drove all the way out to Fry's and there was a sign that this was a price mistake and there was no rebate.

Hm, that's odd. I just walked out of the frys in downers grove outside Chicago and got it no problems as advertised. Rebate receipt and everything printed fine, no hassle other than the standard frys pushy upsale.

If they were still offering the combo price and just said the 25 rebate wasn't available, its linked from the frys.com/rebate site and is just a standard MSI motherboard rebate, so I'd have to imagine anyone can get it. Now, if they wouldn't honor the base combo discount for no reason, I have no idea. Sorry to hear they gave you trouble in any case =(

Have the H61M-E33 for my HTPC and its been just fine. However, I do stick copper heatsinks on all the VRMs and many of the mosfets (even if they don't exactly need them).

My gf has the H67MA-E35 and hers has also been working just fine.

Not using these to overclock or do anything fancy, but for a basic computer they seem to work just fine.

Back