i2500k itx build

monst0r

n00b
Hey guys,
I'm considering building a nice little mITX rig for portability. I'm sick of lugging my P182 back and forth to university. I've been eying up the SG05 for quite some time now and have had elaborate ideas come and go. The most realistic setup I would use at this point would be a Z68 mITX board with a 2500k along with the onboard GPU for any gaming. I don't game much anymore, but was just wondering if the integrated would be enough to drive SC2@1080p on all low settings. If it can run that with at least 100fps we're good to go. The reason I won't be using my current 5870 in the build is because I need room to put my Auzentech Bravura sound card. At this point media has become more important to me than gaming. Anyway, I will hopefully be pushing this little CPU to at least 4GHz, so tell me how it will be. I'm probably going with a huge 120mm rad for this build, it's going to be sweet.

Since the Bravuria is a 1x PCIe card, and the new zotac z68 mini itx could be an option, comes with built in Nvidia GT430 and you still have 1xPCIe =)

zotacz68gt430itx-wifi01.jpg

And then you could get a smaller case than the SUG05. I havent tried playing SC on my 2500k, but I dont think it'll hit 100fps. I also dont think that speed is noticeable over 30fps. But, as I said, I havent played that game.

I do think the above board would be a good compromise.

And then you could get a smaller case than the SUG05. I havent tried playing SC on my 2500k, but I dont think it'll hit 100fps. I also dont think that speed is noticeable over 30fps. But, as I said, I havent played that game.

I do think the above board would be a good compromise.

I would be most concerned about the fps in large engagements. Hopefully someone has tried to run this game at this resolution with sandy bridge.

Also, is the 430 that big of an improvement over sandy bridge onboard? I was under the impression that it was about the same as entry level offerings.

Back