i would like you all to stop using steam ...

USA Inc.

Gawd
so that they can get back up and i can try logging in again. so if you all could go back to whatever you were doing pre-HL2... that would be greeeaaat. btw, im going to need you to go ahead and come in on sunday to...yeahh that would be greeeaaat.

shit, i have 3 chapters left until the end of the game...

i want to play as well. you quit tryin to log in.

no i seriously need everyone to stop using steam. im going to go to every forum on the internet and tell them to stop using it as well... then when gabe newell gets done wiping his ass, he can reboot his computer and we all get to rape steam again. im sure this will work... lets hold hands and sing campfire songs of strength in these bleak times....

USA Inc. said:
so that they can get back up and i can try logging in again. so if you all could go back to whatever you were doing pre-HL2... that would be greeeaaat. btw, im going to need you to go ahead and come in on sunday to...yeahh that would be greeeaaat.

Office Space, GREAT movie

Here's sarcasm.

.and here you are. Waaaay over here!

;-)

No problem....I need to backup some new movies right now anyway.....you have yourself 2 hours as of......................................................................................................wait for it.....................................................WAIT FOR IT...............................................................................ok, go. :D

ATI9700Pro said:
i sure hope you were joking, because alot of people here will be thinking, fuck you :rolleyes:

Unless you want to find yourself on a vacation I suggest you knock of the F.U.s

ok, i vow to NEVER use steam again from tonight onward.

and that is a promise that i will and can stick to

steam can suck my cock

ATI9700Pro said:
i sure hope you were joking, because alot of people here will be thinking, fuck you :rolleyes:
HAHHAHAHA. I see you are very perceptive. The funny thing is that I've logged out and back in to steam about 3 times in the last 5 minutes whereas my friends can't. That's pretty random.

i think its a giant conspiracy to get everyone to interact with each other. valve has made a deal with the internet to get more people to communicate via forums and messaging software. or maybe...dare i say it? this is PART OF HALFLIFE2!!!! we are supposed to get errors and this is just another puzzle@!!SDLFja that must be it! they couldnt have possibly thought that it would go off without a hitch could they? oh wait....

dudewth said:
HAHHAHAHA. I see you are very perceptive. The funny thing is that I've logged out and back in to steam about 3 times in the last 5 minutes whereas my friends can't. That's pretty random.
i hate you.

i hate you.

This thread needs some pics!

alf-48-marvel-nm.jpg

head_own3d.jpg

welcome to last week.jpg

CIWS said:
Unless you want to find yourself on a vacation I suggest you knock of the F.U.s
mabey you should realize that i said, alot of people are THINKING THAT, IF and a big IF, he WAS serious. i never said fuck him.........mods wanting to use thier power for every little thing ;)

machz said:
I love paying $50 for a game I can't even log into

Ditto.

Even when I was logged into Steam, I couldn't play it before I signed out. "Half-Life 2 is not available at the time. Please try again later."

My response;

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me" (Said this out loud)

i say we all just download the warez version... at least we would get to play then. these things are what cause people to go out and cut big brother out of the loop.

or we could all just call 425-889-9642 (valve hq) and lets just tell them how they get to go to bed without dinner tonite.

there was a shred of me that hoped that they saw this coming...

i cant even play anything steam based (no dod or cs or ts either). i dont think i have anything non steam based on my fucking machine.... man.

actually, let me get this straight....

is steam DOWN or is it just random who gets in and who doesnt>?

USA Inc. said:
actually, let me get this straight....

is steam DOWN or is it just random who gets in and who doesnt>?
Yes.

yes its down? because i read someone in another thread say that he just got on 3 times in the past 5 minutes. imma so confused/pissed/sad....

CIWS is an Administrator, not a Mod and he was issuing a warning on the rules here. Please don't test the power ;)

ATI9700Pro said:
mabey you should realize that i said, alot of people are THINKING THAT, IF and a big IF, he WAS serious. i never said fuck him.........mods wanting to use thier power for every little thing ;)

USA Inc. said:
yes its down? because i read someone in another thread say that he just got on 3 times in the past 5 minutes. imma so confused/pissed/sad....
Ha. That was me. I think it's letting some people on and not others. I don't have to unlock HL2, do you?

Cyclone187 said:
Wow I wish I would of known this shit before I bought the game.
If you didn't know this was going to happen, you don't deserve the game.

Ebenol said:
Who didn't expect Steam to get completely destroyed today?

After all the flack Steam has taken I was expecting that they would have paid their host to quadrupple their bandwidth or ramp it up dynamically just so it would have a chance. Obviously they don't learn, but this was the perfect chance to make a few believers in Steam and they failed.

dudewth said:
If you didn't know this was going to happen, you don't deserve the game.

Oh, very mature post. I WAS NOT AWARE that Valve was going to require you to have Steam for the retail store bought version and a damn connection everytime you want to play. I bought the game while I was at work today (I work at a...large retail store) and one of my friends text messages me on my phone telling me "Dont bother skipping out of work early to play HL2, Steam's servers are down so you cant authenticate". Left me thinking "Wth?", so I get home and yep, can't play. Lame, I'd like my $55 back now.

Also, Valve knew this would be a HUGE release. If they were going to pull this crap, they should of had the server strength to support it.

dudewth said:
Ha. That was me. I think it's letting some people on and not others. I don't have to unlock HL2, do you?

no mine is done... i just want to play something steam based and it begins with h and ends with 2....

Cyclone187 said:
Oh, very mature post. I WAS NOT AWARE that Valve was going to require you to have Steam for the retail store bought version and a damn connection everytime you want to play. I bought the game while I was at work today (I work at a...large retail store) and one of my friends text messages me on my phone telling me "Dont bother skipping out of work early to play HL2, Steam's servers are down so you cant authenticate". Left me thinking "Wth?", so I get home and yep, can't play. Lame, I'd like my $55 back now.

calm down, its just the stress of steam getting to everyone :D

it seems to me that he was joking and that this is a true test. shit... they should have just sent us the source code so we all had to individually compile the game before playing.....

MajorDomo said:
CIWS is an Administrator, not a Mod and he was issuing a warning on the rules here. Please don't test the power ;)
Im not, but i see so much of this happening, mods always wanting to block people for stupid reasons that they mabey misinterpret? :rolleyes: just a thought

ATI9700Pro said:
Im not, but i see so much of this happening, mods always wanting to block people for stupid reasons that they mabey misinterpret? :rolleyes: just a thought
So if the mod misinterprets it, then others may misinterpret it and it can be viewed as a flame. Get it now?

what was there to misinterpret, check my grammar and commas where i put them, it makes complete sence.

dudewth said:
So if the mod misinterprets it, then others may misinterpret it and it can be viewed as a flame. Get it now?
and seriously, who asked you? it wasnt a open discussion

ATI9700Pro said:
and seriously, who asked you? it wasnt a open discussion
So is that why you posted it rather than PMed it to him?

Back