I wonder, is there an ATI and Nvidia rep here?

CleanSlate

Supreme [H]ardness
Are you around? Do you care wtf your end users think? I'd really enjoy knowing.

~Adam

I doubt it, there are probably some people with close connections to the site looking at the forums every once and a while. BFG here, good to know someone cares.

I've actually never seen an nVidia rep or 'in the open' nVidia employee post on ANY forum - even nVnews.

However, ATI has a couple guys on Rage3d in a semi-official capacity (OpenGLGuy and CatalystMaker, for example), and several ATI employees post on Beyond3d fairly regularly (for example, the dude I sigged).

I did 4 coop terms at ATI over the past 3 years and during that time frequented many community message boards with ATI subject matter including this video forum, Rage3D, NvNews, Beyond3D, Anandtech video forum, and the Tech-report comments area.

I also know of several employees at ATI who did the same to varrying degrees. AFAIK, not one of these people posted very often. For the most part they were just interested in following the ATI community much the same as everyone else. That's not to say nothing happened though. I for one typically responded to troubleshooting problems that I knew the answer to and I noticed that any significant driver problems reported on a message board usually appeared in ATI's error tracking system pretty quickly.

A little hobbey for me has been trying to guess who on Rage3D is an employee at ATI... Some of the posters know a surprising amount about the driver and whatnot :cool:

maybe employees aren't allowed to speak for the company on forums?

makes sense to me

If I was a rep for either company I would stay the fuck away from this forum like the plague, its full of angry fanboys that dont know anything.

NOT to say that it can't be very helpful.

Most employes will have signed an NDA that they wont/cant post on public message boards with relation to their profesion, i doubt many of them would risk breaking that agreement. I expect several of them might read them and not post though.

Back