I wonder how it crunches... 64c/256t booting winderp

Patriot

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2011/June 2013/De

KNL (knights landing) version of the Xeon Phi is now bootable, as opposed to being a coprocessor last gen.
7210 is the "cheap" one at $2438 ... Still a bit rich for my blood but I can drool over it.

Thought you fellow DCers would be interested.

Thanks for the update. Supermicro seems to sell this but need to contact them for the price and comes in a complete configured system. Only runs on Linux based on their website. Wondering how this would do in WCG in terms of power and points. Anyone with deep pockets? :)

Thanks for the update. Supermicro seems to sell this but need to contact them for the price and comes in a complete configured system. Only runs on Linux based on their website. Wondering how this would do in WCG in terms of power and points. Anyone with deep pockets? :)

IIRC the full dev system from intel runs 6k.

If anyone wants to help me create a docker image Patrick is more than willing to run it on his server.
I am on slack right now trying to figure out if they will stone me if I stick fah in a docker image.... since that supports AVX it would be a nice test of the server as well.

*looks at $100K Dell R930 sitting near me*

*Laughs at "expensive" KNL box*

Best part is, it's not my money. :D

We use SMC a lot; but no idea if we'll be getting any of these. That being said, if I can come up with a legitimate business reason, we can get sample systems pretty easily. And, no, I'm afraid DC crunching projects don't qualify. :p

*looks at $100K Dell R930 sitting near me*

*Laughs at "expensive" KNL box*

Best part is, it's not my money. :D

We use SMC a lot; but no idea if we'll be getting any of these. That being said, if I can come up with a legitimate business reason, we can get sample systems pretty easily. And, no, I'm afraid DC crunching projects don't qualify. :p
I contacted Supermicro for a quote. A full system with the spec below is $4,298. Anyone interested?
upload_2016-12-16_22-21-2.png

Parting it out.... $700 for board and labor.
$2438 Phi
$400 SM863
$390 (6x 2400t rdimms)
$100 750w Seasonic
$200 Chassis (or 300 with 750w seasonic included)
$??? Board
$??? Labor
$4298

Even if it is a $200 board... $500 labor is completely reasonable for a system this expensive.

Remember this also has a custom closed loop water cooler. Not a high volume unit since there is only a low few thousand machines that can use it. Need to add that in the price.

Board is likely $350+ if you could buy it.

Running monero mining this beats dual E5-2698 v4 at lower power and cost.

Remember this also has a custom closed loop water cooler. Not a high volume unit since there is only a low few thousand machines that can use it. Need to add that in the price.

Board is likely $350+ if you could buy it.

Running monero mining this beats dual E5-2698 v4 at lower power and cost.
Do you happen to have any BOINC projects performance/efficiency data such as WCG? That would be interesting though I wouldn't be able to afford this monster right now.

Back