I went camping...

think i would just find a way to become good friends with an employe there that would keep a look out for certain freight as it comes in

think i would just find a way to become good friends with an employe there that would keep a look out for certain freight as it comes in
I thought about this..."Hey pal, keep an eye out for a 3080/90, there might be a nice shiny nickle in it for ya!".

I can guarantee that's happening on a large scale.

I thought about this..."Hey pal, keep an eye out for a 3080/90, there might be a nice shiny nickle in it for ya!".

I can guarantee that's happening on a large scale.
dam straight it is......and im sure the employes are doing it themselves and gettring their family to swing by and clean the shelves. Make more money of these dang cards than drugs now lol....for these kids making min wage i dont to much blaim them but some of the so called members here in the forums asking double msrp or more are a real piece of work

dam straight it is......and im sure the employes are doing it themselves and gettring their family to swing by and clean the shelves. Make more money of these dang cards than drugs now lol....for these kids making min wage i dont to much blaim them but some of the so called members here in the forums asking double msrp or more are a real piece of work
I don't think so. They are enforcing the 1 card per person a month. Also they would still have to line up early in the morning for a chance. Like the picture I posted earlier there was 6 people already lining up at 4pm for tomorrow morning. At least at my MC only the manager has the vouchers and you will not be given a card without one.

I don't think so. They are enforcing the 1 card per person a month. Also they would still have to line up early in the morning for a chance. Like the picture I posted earlier there was 6 people already lining up at 4pm for tomorrow morning. At least at my MC only the manager has the vouchers and you will not be given a card without one.
ok its been a while since shoping MC and didnt know that...but im sure its happening at possible BB...or somwhere....i wouldnt be surprise if some were bending the rules admitly not on a larg scale.
Also if a person had the correct info from an employee then thay would know ahead of time if it was worth getting in line...god knows this is happening

Last edited:
Do I read you right? People lining up at 4 pm the day before. So they need to spend all night on line? Sleeping bags? Place to piss?

Do I read you right? People lining up at 4 pm the day before. So they need to spend all night on line? Sleeping bags? Place to piss?
Idk. See my the pic I posted on the 1st page. That was taken at 4pm Tuesday.

If you have the time and live near a MicroCenter, I can vouch that this actually works. It's how I got my Strix RTX 3090 last year as well as an EVGA RTX 3080 to use here on the forum in trade for an AMD 5900X CPU.

After work, I done driveby MickyC's just for a looksee. Idjits...

Hoamlesss.jpgKardslesss.jpg

Changeover of Tuesday to Wednesday, just after midnight...

After work, I done driveby MickyC's just for a looksee. Idjits...

View attachment 357968View attachment 357969

Changeover of Tuesday to Wednesday, just after midnight...
Only way i wold do this is if the manager told me what was comming off the truck that day and how much it would cost. I really dont see why MC wants people to do this....It looks like a bunch of homeless people live on the parking lot...And for what? its not boosting thier sales any higher

Only way i wold do this is if the manager told me what was comming off the truck that day and how much it would cost. I really dont see why MC wants people to do this....It looks like a bunch of homeless people live on the parking lot...And for what? its not boosting thier sales any higher
From what I understand they don't know what is coming on the truck til it gets there. That's what the managers tell me anyway. For MC it is better they do it this way. From what I seen people are respectful of the line and don't cut. If they just open to a mad rush people would get in fights and possibly cause damage and/or hurt the staff. I am sure as hell of I was the property manager I would have security kick them off my property after hours.

Last edited:
Who's got the time?!

Screw that crap.
Considering the federal government is paying people what is effectively a $16/hr wage (Post tax, since it's not taxed), and how cheap debt is right now - Many people.

From what I understand they don't know what is coming on the truck til it gets there. That's what the managers tell me anyway. For MC it is better they do it this way. From what I seen people are respectful of the line and don't cut. If they just open to a mad rush people would get in fights and possibly cause damage and/or hurt the staff. I am sure as hell of I was the property manager I would have security kick them off my property after hours.
In this computer day in age a major department store has no way of knowing when stock is coming in? complete bullshit....i will say not many people there are trained to look into the system and look this stuff up considering what min wage brings people in for...they just get random stuff and sell what home office sends them...no the managers there most certainly know more than that

In this computer day in age a major department store has no way of knowing when stock is coming in? complete bullshit....i will say not many people there are trained to look into the system and look this stuff up considering what min wage brings people in for...they just get random stuff and sell what home office sends them...no the managers there most certainly know more than that
Managers at retail jobs like this don't tell the people on the floor anything, and it's by design. When you're a floor worker it barely feels you're even working for the same company, and not just some contract labor.

For one MC pays way more then minimal wage. It is actually pretty good for a retail job. From speaking with the workers they tell me they know nothing. Are they tell the truth? I can't determine that. I am sure the manager actually knows but it is not in the best interest of the customer to tell the employees. They would get friends and family to buy shit then.

Considering the federal government is paying people what is effectively a $16/hr wage (Post tax, since it's not taxed), and how cheap debt is right now - Many people.
Yeah, that really pisses me off. I see so many "Now hiring" signs around town. People would rather sit on their asses and leech off our tax money than get a job.

i never heard of non taxed pay (aside from perdiem before) well besids disabality? 16 is bottom of the barrel for fed jobs anyway...considering they pay prevailing wage which is way above the rates of surounding jobs :whistle:

i never heard of non taxed pay (aside from perdiem before) well besids disabality? 16 is bottom of the barrel for fed jobs anyway...considering they pay prevailing wage which is way above the rates of surounding jobs :whistle:
I’m not talking about a job. I’m talking about welfare.

So I have to be in NYC next week. Does anyone know what the situation is with the MC stores in Brooklyn and Queens? Do you have to camp out at those stores? What if you took the bus or the subway to get there?

Most of those aren't camping tents. Fleamarket style is what they are.
Booth tentage screams of a commercial interest, scalpers or miners.
Where they get money for cardz when they clearly got no day job?
Could also be idle adult children of the stupidly rich...

For the first time in years, I'm sorry that Fry's went out of business. :eek: .:censored: I never, ever, thought I would say this. Northern CA was thick with Frys stores.

For the first time in years, I'm sorry that Fry's went out of business. :eek: .:censored: I never, ever, thought I would say this. Northern CA was thick with Frys stores.
You would have people camping Fry's also if they were selling GPUs.

Well I just walked into MC and brought a 3070. No waiting in line. There was no one camping today so I assume they had a huge drops.

what it end up costing? was anything else on the shelf?
I brought the MSI Ventura 3x 3070. It was $770 out the door. They had one left still. The site showed a Gigabyte model and not MSI one. Guy was giving me a little shit since this the 3rd card I brought in 2 months.

I brought the MSI Ventura 3x 3070. It was $770 out the door. They had one left still. The site showed a Gigabyte model and not MSI one. Guy was giving me a little shit since this the 3rd card I brought in 2 months.
Next time, tell the guy to go wax his vagina.

Strange world where a sellsman gives you a hard time for buying products still left on the shelves? Or more likley he wishes he had a family member swing by before they sold out? If your buying this only to Scalp than i wish you horrible karma.

Strange world where a sellsman gives you a hard time for buying products still left on the shelves? Or more likley he wishes he had a family member swing by before they sold out? If your buying this only to Scalp than i wish you horrible karma.
Brought it for a friend. He was accusing me of scalping basically.

Brought it for a friend. He was accusing me of scalping basically.
Well to be fair, he's probably seen a lot of the same buyers. It's easy to get into an accusatory mode, when you see it day in day out.

Well to be fair, he's probably seen a lot of the same buyers. It's easy to get into an accusatory mode, when you see it day in day out.
He shouldn't be giving customers a hard time. His job is to sell product. If he has a problem with that maybe he should find a new line of work.

He shouldn't be giving customers a hard time. His job is to sell product. If he has a problem with that maybe he should find a new line of work.
Eh true didn't bother me. I mention just check my purchase history and you see how much shit I buy from this story. I probably spent like 15k in the past 2 years.

Back