I want to limit the bandwith on a certain computer on my network. How?

zawada101

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, me and my brother live next door to each other and we share the internet connection. I have the router and modem in my house. Whenever i go to play online games i cannot connect to any games because me brother is downloading way too much.

I have just been disconnecting his cable from the router so i can play, but obviously thats not good. I was wondering what would be the easiest way to limit the bandwidth he gets so i can still play online he would still have a connection to surf the net and such.

Thanks alot.

What kind of router do you have? You would want to look into QOS (Quality of Service).

Once we know what router ya have, we can tell ya where to go =]

I will keep looking around for more alternatives. Thanks for the quick response.

I've been looking for this kind of function for a very long time and unfortunately the only way it can be done is through the router. I have a netgear router and also don't have this option. Hopefully some software in the future will allow limitations of this sort.

QOS definitely is nice, I used it last week when my sister had a friend over. They kept doing facebook/youtube garbage while i was trying to play COD4.

Back