I want to get insurance for my laptop?

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
I recently purchased my first gaming laptop and would like to get it insured but not sure who to go through. I failed to get the protection package when I purchased the laptop for Microcenter. I rent an apartment so I don't have home owners insurance. I would like accidental protection as well as theft coverage. What companies should I look at?

You should be able to get renter's insurance, which has similar coverages as homeowners', but for renters.

There are also companies that offer accidental damage replacement or repair, similar to a warranty, but I don't have any experience with actually taking advantage of them.

I haven't looked into renters insurance yet, but I thought I would save considering I only want insurance for the laptop. What would be a good company for renters insurance?

[edit] Looked at several renters insurance companies and the deductables are to high, electronics coverage is optional. I did some searching and found "Worth Ave. Group" that only has a $100 deductable and for a $1200 laptop coverage is only $10.25 but I have never heard of them and reviews aren't very good.

Last edited:
I haven't looked into renters insurance yet, but I thought I would save considering I only want insurance for the laptop. What would be a good company for renters insurance?

[edit] Looked at several renters insurance companies and the deductables are to high, electronics coverage is optional. I did some searching and found "Worth Ave. Group" that only has a $100 deductable and for a $1200 laptop coverage is only $10.25 but I have never heard of them and reviews aren't very good.
The idea is to already have renters insurance (for all of your items/clothing/furniture /electronics). Then look into specific plans catered towards personal electronics that protect against spills, drops, you know accidents.

I use USAA, not sure if you qualify to utilize them though.

The idea is to already have renters insurance (for all of your items/clothing/furniture /electronics). Then look into specific plans catered towards personal electronics that protect against spills, drops, you know accidents.

I use USAA, not sure if you qualify to utilize them though.
tks for the reminder.....i need to update my policy with usaa for renters

Check with Lenovo. I haven't done it in a while, but historically you can extend or upgrade your warranty directly through the manufacturer as long as your original warranty hasn't expired. I have never heard of a 3rd party warranty that was worth a damn.

Like the others have said you should have renters insurance, it's really cheap. However It's not really a substitute for a proper warranty.

Last edited:
also do u have like att for internet/tv service? if so be sure to get the full premium potection plan which covers all your electronics in your household. I did cause a Sony Z2 tablet wifi stopped working, did a service request, sent it in and it was replaced w/ a Samsung S6 lite tablet. Hey the wife uses it for FB games and online web but works great for her. So look into that

Back