I want to add a 4th monitor

Marzoom

n00b
Hello. I am new here and first posting and need some suggestions on how to go about this.

I am currently running triples on a GTX 1070 card for Gaming. I want to add another monitor separate from the triples just for general purpose, everyday use. I do have a 770 card laying around unused.

My questions are: Should I install the 770 and use that card for the single 4th monitor?

Can I just plug the fourth one too the 1070 and still be able to use it separately for surfing the net while the other three are used for gaming at the same time?

I'm not sure if I am explaining it correctly.

You can pick which monitors are part of the surround view. I run three monitors and a projector off a single card (1080).
I use this to enable/disable it when I want to use it (I keep surround enabled all the time).

Edit:
still be able to use it separately for surfing the net while the other three are used for gaming at the same time?
Are you asking if you can have two mice plugged in and use them separately?

Thanks, I will look into this. I wasn't asking about two mice plugged in but would that work also as I would be using the 4th monitor away from my gaming station/rig.

I've heard good things about https://pluralinput.com/, but I couldn't comment personally.
also:
While in Beta, Pluralinput is completely free for non-commercial and evaluation use.

If you would like to use Pluralinput in a commercial setting or help support the development you can purchase Pluralinput and save 20% off the final price.

Though I doubt you'll be able to have focus changing between different windows while you're gaming (I am curious how you'll make out).

I still need to buy a 4th monitor. Just needed to make sure it could be setup / used the way I intend too.

It's excatly why I am asking how it can be done. I might give it a try with an extra tv I have before I get rid of it.

You could try the USB 3.0 display link adapters. For desktop and video work should just fine. Gaming not so much

4th monitor would not be for gaming . My triples are setup for my racing / gaming setup only.

Why would he need an adapter? His card has 3 display ports + an hdmi port and a dvd-i port (I'm sure he could game on 4, but who wants a bezel down the front)

Back