I want some cans to go deaf with for $250

Some Philips models are really good bang for buck in headphones. It's deceiving as most things Philips tend to be utter crap.

Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee​

I ordered a pair of these to replace my ancient HD 595's. From reading the reviews these are slightly better than the Sennheiser HD 6XX depending on what you listen to. About $175 or so on Massdrop.
Figure these will be good enough for a while. (y)

Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee​

I ordered a pair of these to replace my ancient HD 595's. From reading the reviews these are slightly better than the Sennheiser HD 6XX depending on what you listen to. About $175 or so on Massdrop.
Figure these will be good enough for a while. (y)
They sound veiled in comparison to the 6XX or HD600s as they seem to have a pretty bad treble eq cut. I should sell mine lol.

True, but everyone hears differently...lol What may be perfect sound to someone may sound bad to another. (y)

Almost 3 months later and the X2HR are still putting a huge smile on my face. P1 amp is still rocking strong as well. This combo sounds far better than anything else I have access to and frankly I didn't spend very much.

Reactions: MaZa
like this
I would definitely recommend a USB DAC or something, huge difference versus just a regular AUX jack from your computer. Also second the recommendation for sennheisers. There might be bassier headphones out there, but my HD580s have lasted for about 15 years (replaced pads, cables, etc.) and still work fine.

I would definitely recommend a USB DAC or something, huge difference versus just a regular AUX jack from your computer. Also second the recommendation for sennheisers. There might be bassier headphones out there, but my HD580s have lasted for about 15 years (replaced pads, cables, etc.) and still work fine.
The P1 is a USB DAC.

Back