I want new 939 and want it soon

Discussion in 'AMD Processors' started by Manny Calavera, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera 2[H]4U

Stay the hell away from that crap if you plan on any kind of even mild oc.... I have two and have had nothing but problems...

2. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera 2[H]4U

There would be no supply chain if not for people like me.

The following makes a hell of allot more sense,then what you are trying to get across...

http://www.overclockers.com/tips01079/

3. DejaWiz

DejaWiz Oracle of Unfortunate Truths

It does make sense except for one thing.....

When Ed says that if 65nm AM3 cpu's can be used on AM2 mobos with reduced functionality, then they can surely make those cpu's for S939 boards. Wrong. The memory controller would be a limiting factor for this kind of cross-platform compatibility. And I really doubt that AMD will be spending the R&D money to make a cpu with both a DDR and DDR2 memory controller. If they were going to, we'd already be seeing X2 5000+, 5200+, and FX-62 processors for our S939 platforms. This likely wouldn't really be hard for AMD to do since they can switch which type of processor is being produced on the fly with their own implementation of photolithography.

I emphasize the word doubt, because who knows.... Maybe AMD will hear us and retract their abandonment for older existing platforms.

4. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera 2[H]4U

I hope they do hear us.I really dont think it has anything to do with me or others asking
    AMD to throw away market share and all that gloom and doom Duby229 was spouting off about.It is simply a matter of diverting a small amount of the resources they have readily
    available to give us a few 65 939's.I am not asking the world here.

:)

5. duby229

duby229 2[H]4U

Hundreds of millions of dollars is what your asking for. An additional 6-12 months behind, and the loss of most major partners.