I want my USB ports to work with PC off..

Focker

Gawd
See subject. MSI z77a-gd55 board, windows 8. I had them working (charging my phone) with the PC in sleep mode and/or off, but it no longer does and for the life of me I cannot figure out why or what setting I may have switched.

Maybe the power options got switched? Have you tried checking them out in:

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings\Advanced Power Settings\

Under USB settings I have "USB selective suspended setting" disabled. I don't put my computer to sleep but I made sure to change my settings to pretty much always allow my desktop to have max power any time.

A Windows setting won't have any effect on a PC that is off. What you're looking for would have to be a BIOS setting. If you've done a BIOS update or changed a setting this could be the cause.

A Windows setting won't have any effect on a PC that is off. What you're looking for would have to be a BIOS setting. If you've done a BIOS update or changed a setting this could be the cause.

Here is your answer.
edit nvm

I saw the model in the first post

have you tried to clear cmos your mobo

I'll try resetting CMOS when my sound card gets delivered. Really want the ports to work so it can charge my mouse with computer off.

You still need to look in the BIOS for USB power settings.

Yep something in the bios. I know on my pc if i shut it down, power will still come from the usb. Unless I unplug the power cord and plug it back in.

Back