i want a upside down mobo?

Dan

Supreme [H]ardness
are there any case's where the mobo is flipped?

like this flipped?

DSC_0122.jpg

Isn't that reverse ATX? (is reverse ATX and BTX the same thing?)
I see alot of water cooling setups that are reverse ATX.

Isn't that reverse ATX? (is reverse ATX and BTX the same thing?)
I see alot of water cooling setups that are reverse ATX.

BTX is different from reverse ATX. The CPU socket was moved towards the front of the case so cool air hit it first, RAM slots were changed so they ran horizontally respective to the case for better air flow rather than vertically, and the entire board was flipped around so you had to open the right side panel to get to the goodies. There were some neat ideas in BTX, you just really only saw it in some LGA775 P4 systems from OEMs. Socket 939 Athlons for the most part didn't have the same heat issues as P4's did, so didn't use it. Although, there was at least one Gateway model that had a Socket 939 BTX motherboard, not sure off the top of my head which one it was tho...

A lot of the Optiplex machines we have here are BTX methinks. There is a very obvious difference in general layout when comparing the two. Google Image Search will be your friend on that one.

Look into silverstone, they do a few BTX cases. So does Lian Li.

Be prepared to spend some money though.

thats a cool case and exactly what i might be looking for, id prefer to find one with a side window, i have a twin frozr card thats too nice to see the back of the board instead of the fans :p thanks for the fast replies guys

Look into the silverstone phoenix (i think that is it), i am sure that will tickle your fancy.

So I was correct in thinking that reverse ATX and BTX are different. I didn't know that BTX components were mounted at different spots on the board.

Back to on topic: that BitFenix Outlaw looks nice. You can remove the grille on the side of a case if you would rather have a window there.

Yep - NewEgg doesn't even sell any BTX mobos anymore. I liked the concept when it came out - but without wide adoption by manufacturers it died out. They do have a couple refurbished & out of stock (probably out of production, too) microBTX mobos.... blech!

Reverse ATX is simply an ATX board in a case that allows for reversed mounting. There are a few, as well as the 90deg rotated ATX cases and even reversed and 90deg rotated ATX cases.

Many cases can be modded to become reversed ATX.

Back