I wanna die.. deleted 500gb backup

So I have 3 drives, A, B and C

A's backup was on B and B's backup was on C

They were all cloned image files so I had one file on B and one file on C

I tried to "unpack" B on C but I did it on the same partition that B's backup was on C so it formatted it and started cloning the drive

Is there a way I could recover this single 500GB cloned image file? I dont care if I have to wipe B clean to make room for it

Thanks for any help!

I recently formatted a drive after going through it but accidentally left some files on it that I wanted to keep, mainly my music. I tried Ontrack Easy Recovery but couldnt get it to work or something, I'm running windows 7 ultimate.

However I found another program that I was seeing recommendations for, getdataback for NTFS. I got this and it works great! completely exceeded my expectations. I was able to recover everything I wanted (20gbs of stuff). I think I could have gotten pretty much anything back, it was very extensive. It took 2 hours to scan my drive, then it displayed everything in the main window which was recoverable, I was able to see everything that was previously on it.

I am slightly confused. If Drive A's backup in on B, and B is on C, even if you formatted B and C, couldn't you simply reimage A back to B and then B back to C?

Wouldn't that bring everything back to the way it was?

A,B,C... feels like I'm watching Black Adder or Monty Phyton.
Sorry I can't help. :(

Back