I tried gears of wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron1jed

Supreme [H]ardness
And well...where do i start. I though the graphics kinda sucked. Maybe it was the tv i was playing it on. And i just couldn't get used to the game play. And TO me it got boring quick. I only played for a half hour or so. Maybe if i gave it more time.....So is this game worth renting?

He was probably playing on some 20" tube TV and comparing the graphics to his PC.

In other news, different people like different things. Why not make a thread about it...

Oh.

if it wasn't a HDTV i dont blame you, but if it was on a HDTV at least @ 720P then you really do need glasses. im not a big 360 fan, but i have to admit that game looks damn good.

Played through GOW 3 times (once on each difficulty including beating it on hardcore).

It is different and takes some getting used to. At first i did not like it but then i got into it and its awesome.

The graphics look really good, I have a 7900GS (look at the system in my sig) and max out the games I play on my PC (HL2, BF2, etc.) and I still think GOW looks really good.

I have Vegas as well....not as good looking IMO as they use a lot of blur effects to try and make things look better...but still a good game and again, very different (no run and gun :( )

He was probably playing on some 20" black and white tube TV with a crack down the center, sparks emanating from various pinholes in the screen itself, with a nude male elf, bizarrely hung like John Holmes, dancing naked and erect in front of the screen while twisting his own nipples...and then comparing the graphics to his PC.

Had to fix that for ya, bro :D Seriously, OP, you can't possibly call Gears unimpressive graphically and expect *any* credibility whatsoever. It sets the *bar* for console games right now, and so far nothing on any system is even *close*.

trolling flamebait.

"i tried a wees game it wasnt fun u had to swing ur arms to make it go"

.......................gears of war is the best looking game that is out to date. *that is out, yes i know crysis beats it* i'm not sure how to respond to this :(

gears-of-war-e3-2006-pic3.jpg

Looks terrible. And by terrible, I mean it's one of the best-looking games ever made.

Another 20" TV GoW player who thinks the game looks amazing. It takes a little bit to get used to the combat system, but once you do, the game is remarkable. One of the best single player experiences ever.

I'm not sure how you can think that game looks bad. Even on a lousy 20" 480i TV it looks like a million bucks. Granted it looks better in HD, but I can't think of another console game that looks better, even in SD. Actually, I can count the PC games that do on one hand, too...and you've got to be playing at some CRAZY resolutions to pull that, too. HL2 with everything jacked does, and Far Cry Arguably does too...but those are the only 2 I think that do. Even that's pretty much personal preference and with everything as high as it'll go at1680X1050 or better resolution.
I remember the first time I did the "roadie run" just being in awe.

I remember the first time I did the "roadie run" just being in awe.

That reminded me of the first time i saw the heat waves coming off the weapons when you reloaded, freaking awesome.

But seriously, if you think this game doesn't look incredible, you have problems.

Please tell us what you think looks perfect... I'm a avid PC gamer and I still think GOW looks fantastic.

maybe im just too used to fps games like ut and half life...i just hated being stuck to a wall all the time

You know guys, its always possible that he didn't like the graphics because he didn't like the setting, or artistic style, and not because of the quality of the rendering engine.

In terms of looks, not being.

I think you could make a solid argument that real life doesn't "Look" perfect either. I got two words for people who think real life looks perfect: Oprah Fucking Winfrey, buddy. Need I say more? Don't make me invoke the O'Donnell card, man! :D

Not everyone is going to like it, but to say the graphics aren't good is just asking for it, lol.

I think you could make a solid argument that real life doesn't "Look" perfect either. I got two words for people who think real life looks perfect: Oprah Fucking Winfrey, buddy. Need I say more? Don't make me invoke the O'Donnell card, man! :D
=D =D =D

You don't like Chris O'Donnell?

I remember when game developers loved to show off their new color palettes. Now, Everything is brown.

That's even worse in my opinion. Artistic style? are you kidding me? :eek:

I was incredulous until this was pointed out. I was amazed by the technical graphics in this game, but god, I hate the artistic style. Everybody is a 400lb steroid-pumped freak of nature and all sporting mostly grey with just white/brown skin and blue trimming, vs. the locust who are mostly grey with white skin and red trimming.

The detail was incredible, but the nature of the detail wasn't the impressive part, just the quality. So I can see artistic style as a valid criticism of the game.

In other news, different people like different things. Why not make a thread about it...

Oh.

Hehe. For some reason this post made me chuckle. Psychotext has a way of doing that pretty often. Oh if I could only meet Psychotext one day... [begins fantasy of running through a flowery field and jumping into the arms of Psychotext]

I was incredulous until this was pointed out. I was amazed by the technical graphics in this game, but god, I hate the artistic style. Everybody is a 400lb steroid-pumped freak of nature and all sporting mostly grey with just white/brown skin and blue trimming, vs. the locust who are mostly grey with white skin and red trimming.

The detail was incredible, but the nature of the detail wasn't the impressive part, just the quality. So I can see artistic style as a valid criticism of the game.

To be frank, I think the color scheme described above would match a dreary, war torn desolate world perfectly.

If it was all sunshine and kittens it wouldn't be Gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back