I took a picture 2020

sonsonate

n00b
Marley the cat! Saw him/her on a walk w/my daughter and thought wow, beautiful cat! Next thing I know, the cat's walking over and begging for a belly rub. A neighbor explained that the cat's super friendly and belongs to someone a bit down the road.

(A73, 85mm, f1.8, 1/500, edited in Cap One and fixed up the fraying on the collar with the new Healing Tool -- really loving that feature)

_ANT3227_16x9_HQ.jpg

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
One could almost picture zombies lurking around the abandoned cars with protagonist UltraTaco trying to stealth infiltrate the cafe for some post apocalyptic shot of espresso.

stamsek

[H]F Junkie
Marley the cat! Saw him/her on a walk w/my daughter and thought wow, beautiful cat! Next thing I know, the cat's walking over and begging for a belly rub. A neighbor explained that the cat's super friendly and belongs to someone a bit down the road.

(A73, 85mm, f1.8, 1/500, edited in Cap One and fixed up the fraying on the collar with the new Healing Tool -- really loving that feature)

View attachment 250874
I love this shot. The 85mm 1.8 really gives off some nice bokeh to isolate the subject! And it's easy to miss focus....look at those whickers!

I on the otherhand was out tonight with my wide angle:

LightningSouthMountain_SmallLogo.jpg

sonsonate

n00b
I love this shot. The 85mm 1.8 really gives off some nice bokeh to isolate the subject! And it's easy to miss focus....look at those whickers!

I on the otherhand was out tonight with my wide angle:

I'm still trying to get out and get some lightning shots, but with all the increased police activity, my wife says I should just wait until things cool off a bit. No curfew for us here, but there are some areas with curfew, so yeah, might as well just chill. What are your camera settings for this epic bolt shot?

As for the whiskers, hah, yeah, a few of them were close, but not on the mark.

stamsek

[H]F Junkie
I'm still trying to get out and get some lightning shots, but with all the increased police activity, my wife says I should just wait until things cool off a bit. No curfew for us here, but there are some areas with curfew, so yeah, might as well just chill. What are your camera settings for this epic bolt shot?

As for the whiskers, hah, yeah, a few of them were close, but not on the mark.
We have a curfew here in AZ. 8pm-5am. I just went to a place where there were no people around.

Settings: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV • Canon EF 16-35 f/4 L IS USM @27mm • 1.6s. • f/18 • ISO 50

Had to close up the aperture and drop the ISO to get a longer exposure. Didn’t want to throw on the 10stop ND filter I had because non-night lightning is extremely difficult.

MN Scout

Supreme [H]ardness
Auer are you developing your film, or are you sending them off? Just curious of your process. Personally I'm developing my BW, and sending my color off to Northcoastphoto.com. The color film gets pretty expensive in the end.

Auer

[H]ard|Gawd
Auer are you developing your film, or are you sending them off? Just curious of your process. Personally I'm developing my BW, and sending my color off to Northcoastphoto.com. The color film gets pretty expensive in the end.
Usually B&W on my own and color at a local mom n pop camera shop but since covid started I have had all development done at the shop in order to give them as much support as possible.
I just drop it off in their mail box and they call me when its ready and I go to the box and pick it up.

I have access to some very high end printers and scanners but at home I just use a Epson V600 as it does MF as well and suits my personal needs for the casual stuff.

Auer

[H]ard|Gawd
A few more with the Canon FT | Canon FL 58mm F/1.2 | Arista EDU 400 (Fomapan) combo, I'm pretty pleased with how its working out.
I got the camera and lens from the original owner who had it since new in 1972.
It needed work, and FT bodies arent expensive by any means so it was a questionable undertaking but I decided to keep the set together rather than scrapping the camera and just keeping the lens.

Flowers.jpg

Fence.jpg

Street-3.jpg

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
I liked 200. Not as grainy, but fast enough for general. Nothing beats kodak:D well there are many things, but it was available in any convenience store!

Reactions: Auer
like this

IdiotInCharge

[H]F Junkie
The one you posted earlier?! Wow!
Yup, we'll see how well. The CPU is a 9100F, memory is 2x8GB DDR4-3000 C15 and ancient, power supply is a 15+ year old OCZ 600W, cooler is the Intel stock whner (and the fracking arrows confuse me every five or so years when I try to use one of these again). 1TB Blue is a donor from my desktop, it normally holds Steam games. OS is Server 2016 which I believe I have a license for somewhere...

System won't run Prime95, but I'm not sure why. It will run Intel's XTU CPU w/AVX2 test for five minutes no problem as well as the memory test, so I left it with the AVX2 test set for ten hours so it'll still be running when I get home.

Main purpose for the system is to stand up a domain controller to handle internal domain stuff. I'll migrate DHCP over to it from the router, and route DNS through it (and then the piHole) before it leaves the network and so on.

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
No idea what that last paragraph means, but I was always ultra noob in networking.

Perhaps it's just something random re:prime. Try all other teste and if they pass, I'd say it's a winner, Sir!

sonsonate

n00b
If you liked the silhouette shot, this one might do it for you. I took it at Storm King Art Center in Oct 2019 😅

(Edited w/Capture One with clone/heal to remove a couple distracting elements in PS. A7III, 1/3200, f4.5, 40mm, ISO100)
_ANT9738_HQ_Copy.jpg