I thought i had it fixed , Nope!

fightingfi

2[H]4U
So when i go from my homepage to another website, it doesnt matter what site it is it takes me back to homepage before then i can go to that website happens to me almost all the time. Ive disabled all my extensions in Firefox even gone as far as re-installing windows and still does this to me. No viruses malware stuff i know better but so tired of this. im using firefox which ive never ever had any issues before untl recently. Uninstalled it, re-installed it, safe mode whatever still does this to me! Latest version of FF Installed.85.0.2

what's your homepage? ..does it matter what homepage you set? ..does it matter what browser you use?

You using a something other than a standard router in your network?

homepage is google.com normal router and modem setup nothing has been changed in any settings. router or windows i reinstalled windows also. clean Install wiped everything

Does this happen with all browsers - Edge, Chrome, etc, or just FF?

Cool. Just making sure you are doing some A-B testing to isolate the issue.

yup, just learned how to update my router software which i did easy as pie but not helping with my issue still

Is it isolated to the location bar searches/web entry, or does it happen when you are on google proper doing a search?

If it is only happening in FF, then it is your issue. No hardware issues involved. Does it happen when you are in private mode in FF? I don't regularly use FF anymore, but do they have cloud profiles that load all your plugins/extensions by logging into your browser? Try uninstalling FF, reinstall without logging in and turning off sync.

Or you could just start it with a new empty profile.

Code:
firefox.exe -P
from the run prompt (win+r).

If it is only happening in FF, then it is your issue. No hardware issues involved. Does it happen when you are in private mode in FF? I don't regularly use FF anymore, but do they have cloud profiles that load all your plugins/extensions by logging into your browser? Try uninstalling FF, reinstall without logging in and turning off sync.
ya i did that to no luck

Back