I think my pc diying. Psu or ? Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last question. But why monitor flickered for a moment after 10 seconds after shutdown then? Thank you.
no! youve had enough "last questions" and "im sorry's". you know there isnt a problem. close the friggin thread and update your sig to remind yourself to stop wasting peoples time. people that want to help, not get trolled, ffs.

If Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't crash the machine, your probably fine. If you enable its higher quality features or run it at higher resolution, it causes GPU's to pull more power than other games do. However, flickering and that sort of thing in that game do not indicate issues. It does that, because on a technical level its both a marvel and a huge pile of shit.
Watch Dogs Legion played many hours no shutdown. Cyberpunk 2077 too no issues.

Last question. Please explain me.

Ok but why it happened once and in intro advertisement part ( 30 fps was in this moment ). Also router and laptop dont notice anything. Router was on also laptop doesnt go to battery mode.

I ask because found some topics in reddit that some guys had shutdowns in Metro Exodus in loading stage.
They said.
."I'm having the exact same problem with Seasonic 750W Titanium + 3090 FE. It's tripping off with a tiny 100Mhz OC (and even with no OC at times), simply loading a Metro Exodus save file. I'm using the 10900K-equivalent Xeon part, which is called W-1290P (identical TDP). "

"On Metro, it ONLY happens when I load into the game (it makes you hold E for a second when the loading finishes). "

The same situations. I had that shutdown during loading part. Maybe related to psu too? But it happened once and nothing more. So just coincedence that in this moment?

stop. its not the same, that guy is overloading his psu. stop fucking diggin for "what about this" crap, stop saying "last question" and "im sorry". close the thread, update your sig and knock it off.

Last question . If i run without issues that apps: 3dmark fire strike, port royal, wild life, time spy, Unigine Heaven
Quake 2 Rtx, Battlefield 5 , Watch Dogs Legion, Cyberpunk 2077,Ghost Recond Wildlands, Crysis 3 remastered, Crysis 1 Remastered, Metro Exodus Enhanced, Cod Vanguard, Control <-- 24 hours without shutdown. Its fine?

So why that happened once during launching Metro Exodus Enhanced ( advertisement part was 30 fps ). Thanks

Is any chance that was caused by GPU driver or just psu failing? Like i said. Happened once, and never more. Also in other games rock stable pc. Thanks.

It happened when system was idle 3-4 days without games running. Then it happened when i launch Metro . The same happens i have rare crash to desktop in Metro during loading level , and when system was idle too 3-4 days. Maybe it was bug in game that shutdown ?

Last edited:
Clearly your PC is defective as you post about problems you are having every day (actually, it's usually some variation of the same problem revolving around Metro: Exodus). I'll buy the parts off you for $100 and take the chance that I can get it working...

/s

(That's the sarcasm flag before you think I'm serious).

Although, if you're so concerned over every slight variation in performance that you can't explain, maybe you should just buy a prebuilt next time and you can bother their support with nonsensical questions. Did you ever stop to think that maybe Metro: Exodus wasn't coded for every single hardware variation you can put into a computer? Or that maybe there's a driver issue that hasn't been fixed yet?
THAT IS GOOD POST. THANK YOU

Last question. So my shutdown was not related to OCP protection? It happened when i launch Metro Exodus in advertisement part ( 30 fps ).Happened once and i cant reproduce. Also I don’t have to flip switch on the back psu. Just pressed power button in case to boot pc.

Last question. So my shutdown was not related to OCP protection? It happened when i launch Metro Exodus in advertisement part ( 30 fps ).Happened once and i cant reproduce. Also I don’t have to flip switch on the back psu. Just pressed power button in case to boot pc.

Stop it.

If i run without issues that apps: 3dmark fire strike, port royal, wild life, time spy, Unigine Heaven
Quake 2 Rtx, Battlefield 5 , Watch Dogs Legion, Cyberpunk 2077,Ghost Recond Wildlands, Crysis 3 remastered, Crysis 1 Remastered, Metro Exodus Enhanced, Cod Vanguard, Control <-- 24 hours without shutdown. Its fine?

So issue with shutdown not repeated all working fine. BUt i wanna ask. Is any chance that this shutdown was caused just in a bug from game or driver issue ?? Thanks

Monitor went off first,then pc shutdown. All

If i run without issues that apps: 3dmark fire strike, port royal, wild life, time spy, Unigine Heaven

So issue with shutdown not repeated all working fine. BUt i wanna ask. Is any chance that this shutdown was caused just in a bug from game or driver issue ?? Thanks

Monitor went off first,then pc shutdown. All

Stop it.

Is any chance that was caused by GPU driver or just psu failing? Like i said. Happened once, and never more. Also in other games rock stable pc. Thanks.

It happened when system was idle 3-4 days without games running. Then it happened when i launch Metro . The same happens i have rare crash to desktop in Metro during loading level , and when system was idle too 3-4 days. Maybe it was bug in game that shutdown ?
No. It was a bug. Bugs happen. Shit happens. Computers crash sometimes. No code is perfect.

Someone said this to me:"I've recently completed that game, including both DLC. Never experienced a shutdown with an EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra. About a year ago I had a shutdown problem as well. Initially, it would happen occasionally under heavy loads. Then, it started occurring during simple task such as web browsing. It turned out to be the PSU in my case. Your shutdown could be a sign of a malfunctioning PSU, GPU or an overheating component. These shutdowns are typically hard to consistently reproduce, unless a component is already severely defective. You could try and look around in the motherboard BIOS and see if there's an overcurrent protection setting that can be tweaked. My guess however is that it's likely something in your hardware that's malfunctioning."

So it can be hardware failure? Last question and i will close topic forever.Thx

Systems that are PERFECTLY fine crash sometimes. Every software has a bug in it somewhere.

close the fucking thread and stop.

1642974065856.png

Can i ask last question and i will close topic?
Last question.
That happened in a moment. I started game, intro part loaded,advertisement part 30 fps. And monitor went off <black screen>. Then pc case leds briefly flickered once and all pc sudden shutdown.
After that i checked ceiling lamps. I switch them and they was on. Router doesnt turn off , because i had internet ( wifi ) on laptop.
Also laptop dont change to battery mode ( was on power ).

And after moment i saw that monitor flickered once. Is any chance that was short power interruption then or more psu issue?
I ask about psu , because other appliances like router and laptop was not affected. And ceiling lamps when i switch them was on.

Hey update. I tried today start run Metro 30 times. And one time game launched not in fullscreen but on window.Second time it change itself resolution to 1080P from 1440P. Itself. So that was bugs too? And that shutdown i think was related to bug too. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back