Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Average, Not really much better than any other case

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Rubbish, why did I buy it?

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Total voters

gazza_new

Limp Gawd
This case is fantastic in my view. It's super quiet, runs cool and I personally found it no more difficult to build than any other case. Then again, I always picked good looking cases before without thinking about easy of installation!

What do you think of it? Vote!

Calis said:
good, but not perfect

mine does actually look like a fridge

hehe, my bro doesn't like the look of it. I love it tho. I like the simple look, looks like a power case! I hate these cases with all the glows and stuff coming out from each crack! Too boy racer style. Look wise, I think its a love it or hate it case.

The P180 is great, but it could be improved still. The front door especially. It seems very flimsy compared to the rest of the case and bends outwards slightly. It would be much better if it closed more securely.

Perhaps a removable motherboard tray would be good as well.

I also had a terrible time routing cables from the PSU chamber, and the cables from my sata drive kept getting caught in the lower fan.

Oh, and some diagrams in the manual would be useful. It took me ages to work out which way round I was supposed to fit the drive rails and mount them.

Yeah the front door is a bit flimsy, its a shame its not flush up against the case. I keep my door locked so it doesn't stick out slightly.

I found the power cables very easy personally. Then again, I do have a modular PSU so that could be why!

The door seems just fine to me, I do agree that routing cables is a bit difficult, I am going to buy a 24 pin extender soon to make routing my ATX cable easier, hopefully that will clear up some of the clutter in my case.

This is my first build anyways, but I like the P180, though I have nothing to compare it to.

well i broke a tab off the door already so i'm not super happy with it. Antec is shipping me a new one so i can't really complain. I was thinking of chopping the old one up and adding some kind of window... my case is not quiet anyway :)

The front door does bend out a little and would be better if it was more secure. I also think the case is hard to rout cables in and my biggest pet peeve about this case is that it didn't come ready to have a 120mm fan mounted in the front lower chamber. I had to mod the case and now I can't use the lower fan filter or lower hdd rack(even though I dont need it).

I voted good, but not perfect.

voted good but not perfect. but i wish i didnt impulse buy it. Anyways i tweaked mine and it's now perfect.

Johnie said:
The front door does bend out a little and would be better if it was more secure. I also think the case is hard to rout cables in and my biggest pet peeve about this case is that it didn't come ready to have a 120mm fan mounted in the front lower chamber. I had to mod the case and now I can't use the lower fan filter or lower hdd rack(even though I dont need it).

I voted good, but not perfect.

You don't need a fan in the front lower chamber, you've got a fan mount in between the PS and the drives, plus the exhaust fan in the PS itself. I don't know why people go crazy with fans.

eastvillager said:
You don't need a fan in the front lower chamber, you've got a fan mount in between the PS and the drives, plus the exhaust fan in the PS itself. I don't know why people go crazy with fans.
they should had made a fan in the front and eliminate the middle fan.
my temps dropped 5C with front intake fan.

another for good, but not perfect. It looks good and all, but is louder than I was hoping and the cable routing was terrible. My 12V ATX cable *just* makes it to the motherboard after stretching the hell out of it. It would get a higher rating for me if it was made for inverted installation or regular PSU placement. I will probably have to dremel the hole on the bottom to make it a bit bigger as well.

As someone else stated my sata cable or the power can get caught in the bottom fan which is annoying. I am kind of wishing I had got myself a Lian-Li PC-75B instead.

For the most part I'm happy with my P180. My only gripe is the tabs on the side panel are already breaking off.

Hmmm... I thought heavily about getting this case... Then decided to stick with my Super Lanboy cause to be honest, the refrigerator look, is sooo sexy on the P180... But, but I feel the cable management on those things is a little lack luster =\. Guh, I want one nonetheless.

I must be very strange (and in the minority). I hate my P180, but I LOOOOOOOVE the stacker :)

hignaki said:
I must be very strange (and in the minority). I hate my P180, but I LOOOOOOOVE the stacker :)
yea, im digging the new stacker, wish i got that.

To all those who are complaining about lack of good instructions on setting it up... have you heard of Google?

I'm a total n00b... I tried making a system first time ever... they got two great articles on p180... it's in-depth reviews... and much more because they also talk about how they did it (includes pics and even a video about the lower fan holder)...

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article254-page1.html
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article255-page1.html

Hope this helps.

And I LOVE my p180. I like the fact that there's enough space for everything. I used Antec's TP II 550 PSU... and it works very nicely with the case... all the cables are long enough... I guess if you use another PSU, you might have a more difficult time. Good luck.

-Jazz

jazzwall said:
To all those who are complaining about lack of good instructions on setting it up... have you heard of Google?

Not everyone has the luxury of a 2nd computer connected to the net while building a new machine...

Plus, why should users have to go and look everything up on google when it could be easily found in the manual, if the authors made the effort?

meatfestival said:
Not everyone has the luxury of a 2nd computer connected to the net while building a new machine...

Plus, why should users have to go and look everything up on google when it could be easily found in the manual, if the authors made the effort?
werd, but then i ddint even look at the manual. lol

i'm one of those guys that just tackles the thing and sit there for hrs trying to figure it out and finally read the manual and go, "oh...thats how you do it." :p

If you need instructions to setup a case, you probably shouldn't be setting up a case.

The only time you should need to read anything is if the leads to stuff like front panel display/LEDs aren't clearly labeled.

Why do you need instructions to set up a computer case?

wtf4vb.gif

hignaki said:
Why do you need to put some people down just for needing instructions?

Dude, seriously, its the equivalent of reading the instruction manual for a console.

All I wanted was a diagram to show which direction to mount the drives and rails. Obviously I got it after some trial and error, but it could have saved me the time. Still, I feel ashamed for not being 1337 enough to know. ;)

I think mine's great. It's not quite perfect, the screws in the back seem to have a difficult time going in, and the door is somewhat flimsy... and it can be a pain to route the cables. But I'm very glad that I bought mine.

When I buy something new the last thing I wanna do is read the intructions, i'm always too excited and want to try it out asap!

meatfestival said:
All I wanted was a diagram to show which direction to mount the drives and rails. Obviously I got it after some trial and error, but it could have saved me the time. Still, I feel ashamed for not being 1337 enough to know. ;)
yup you arnt, it should be a given everyone knows which way the rails go. plus theres only one way in, unless you are that noe guy that posted here with his rails jammed in backward and he couldnt figure y he couldnt pull his drives out. lol

Back