Minimum PC System Requirements
PC Video 64MB 3D-accelerated GeForce 3 video card
PC Processor Speed 933MHz
PC Processor Type Intel® Pentium® III processor
PC System Memory 256MB RAM
PC Additional Requirements Internet service required to access online features
PC Drive Type and Speed CD-ROM 16x
PC Hard Drive Space 1.5GB
PC Operating System Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), Windows 2000, Windows XP

found here

Gamespy said that the engine has been heavily enchanced and that the netcode and preformance is much better in their recent preview.

This isn't too different from BF1942's system specs, is it? Better netcode would be something to really look forward to. :)

and it not needing an astromnomical gig of memory so the damn thing wont use swap file like Desert combat does.

I bet it will need a ton of memory to show optimal performance. The engine probably isn't much different then BF1942. They may had added a few things here and there but it still relies heavely on high resolution textures to make it look pretty.

Originally posted by Staples
I bet it will need a ton of memory to show optimal performance. The engine probably isn't much different then BF1942. They may had added a few things here and there but it still relies heavely on high resolution textures to make it look pretty.

Bring it on :D

i'm sure this has been answered, but has there been any word on if/when they are releasing a demo?

I could have sworn I seen a release date for the full version of march 16th....I am guessing it will be more or less an add in for bf1942.

I've found that BF1942 is playable ONLY with a GB of RAM. I went from a system with a GB, to one with 512. The difference is huge. It is always swapping from the hard drive, and chugs during gameplay. Hopefully this one won't need more than a GB

I hope it comes with a game speed slider, playing that game to me is like in slow motion after palying other fps games.

This is not an add in pack, the engine has been reworked completely for BF veitnam. The new engine won't compare with the old. I am personall very excited about this game, im a veitnam movie buff so I hope to relive the action of Apocolypse Now.

Back