I think I bought more case than I need

Thrice

n00b
Looking for some advice. I recently finished my build of a all around HTPC, daily computer, whatever else I need it for. My problem is I bought a case, COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP, that was billed as a Mid-Tower case but for me this thing is gigantic. I bought it cause I got it cheap and I noticed the box was big when I got it but the box was so light I didn't think much of it. Well like I said, when I opened the case I knew this thing was too big for me.

What I'm wondering is there anyway I can sell this (and where?) and not completely take a huge loss and if so where can I get something significantly smaller? I need something big enough though for a 2 DVD drives, 2 3.5 HDD, my Gigabyte 890 motherboard, a decent size GPU (says 5750,5770, etc..) maybe even 2, a tv card and a 750watt PSU.

If I can't find something then I guess I just use it and just deal with the size but I'm hoping I have some options. Thanks.

You have the option of selling the case here as long as you follow the for sale for trade rules, and you must have a minimum of 100 posts. Or you can try ebay, etc. Have you tried to RMA the case? or simply return it?:eek:

If it's light like you say shipping through a freight carrier like UPS or Fedex probably wouldn't be too bad.

As for the case I'd suggest looking at the Antec 300. It's a great size - not huge, not so tiny you break your fingers trying to install things. It looks pretty nice too, unless you like blingy lights and such of which there are none.

I would suggest using USPS as a shipping method because they are way cheaper than UPS or FedEX. I shipped an 800D a while back and shipping was like $27.00.

Can't really help you for the 1st part, but definitely check the lian-li pc-a05 if you want a smaller case.

Thanks everyone. I can't return it or RMA because I've just sat on it for the last 2.5 months while I gathered stuff for my build. I think in general I'm just not used to what is considered a standard size tower nowadays I guess. The other options that have been suggested are comparable in length and basically height (which I think was the biggest surprise for me) so I'm probably just gonna bite the bullet and use it. If down the line it proves to be taking up too much room then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Back