I think I am going to cry

GP40X

Limp Gawd
Man this is bad. I am thinking of updating my rig with a new motherboard, processor & memory and maybe a 2070 or 2080 video card. Wanting to go Ryzen this time as I do both some light gaming and digital art (using Iray rendering so locked into Nvidia for the GPU). Fry;s is sold out of X570 chipset motherboards nationally. Only one at Microcenter is the Asrock mATX Pro 4 board. I can always do NewEgg but I prefer to buy my motherboards and processors as bundles locally. By the time I get my stimulus, there won't be anything left for met to spend it on and stimulate the economy.

Man this is bad. I am thinking of updating my rig with a new motherboard, processor & memory and maybe a 2070 or 2080 video card. Wanting to go Ryzen this time as I do both some light gaming and digital art (using Iray rendering so locked into Nvidia for the GPU). Fry;s is sold out of X570 chipset motherboards nationally. Only one at Microcenter is the Asrock mATX Pro 4 board. I can always do NewEgg but I prefer to buy my motherboards and processors as bundles locally. By the time I get my stimulus, there won't be anything left for met to spend it on and stimulate the economy.

I wouldn't use Newegg, they've gone downhill to the point of being borderline thieves. I used them to buy my ram and SSD for my new build. They charged me for both ($280) then sent me an email the day they were supposed to arive saying the SSD was out of stock and they removed it from my invoice completely so the only evidence I had ordered it was the price difference of my invoice VS what they actually removed from my account. The RAM never got to me as they said it was undelivered and was returned to sender. I had them sent to my office, we get two UPS deliveries a day, I know our UPS drivers well. The item never even made it onto the truck before it was "returned to sender". This was almost a month ago and they still haven't returned my money. It took me over a week just to get ahold of someone there and the first time they contacted me was at almost 1am on a Thursday morning. I'm still fighting with them to get my money back.

I'd just order from Amazon if no other place has what you want.Buying a bundle maynot be an option at this point so if that is the only way you'll buy you probably just going to have to wait.

I never bought from NewEgg anyway. Just used their site for reviews and to look at the descriptions of the parts, pictures, and such. The last several builds were all Microcenter Motherboard bundles as their price was better than Fry's. If Microcenter doesn't get any new boards in soon, I will probably just get it from Amazon. When I lived in Fort Worth, was lucky enough to have a Microcenter in Richardson and 4 Fry's in the area. Now that I am in the Galveston area, there is a Micro Center in Houston and also 2 Frys in Houston and a third in Webster about 5 miles away so I thought I was in nirvana but they've all been cleaned out. I can't even find a decent 50 to 55 inch TV right now, much less a small freezer.

Reactions: x509
like this
Am just now building mine. Got most all of it from newegg but the case i could only find in stock at microcenter, who i also love. I just wish they would ship more items.

I have been buying stuff for builds from newegg for over 17 years and never a single problem.

Lol 80 GIG hd for 120 bucks :)
Screenshot_20200505-022143.png

Am just now building mine. Got most all of it from newegg but the case i could only find in stock at microcenter, who i also love. I just wish they would ship more items.

I have been buying stuff for builds from newegg for over 17 years and never a single problem.

Lol 80 GIG hd for 120 bucks :)View attachment 243128

Me too. Still use them from time to time. It's not like Amazon is that great these days either, I've had issues with shipping and products not as described. I only buy from newegg not 3rd party sellers though.

Also nice T-bred there, pretty sure I owned one of those as well!

I buy from Newegg, Amazon and Bestbuy -> No significant issues. For new products, Bestbuy usually keeps it at suggested retail price while others can be rather exorbitant. With Newegg I don't have to pay sales tax while Amazon and Bestbuy I do.

I've been buying from Newegg since they opened in 2001, I used to run a little computer shop so I ordered from them a lot as their prices generally beat most suppliers and their shipping was better. I didn't have an issue of any relevance until 2017. Since then they've messed up every order I've placed, granted, there's only been 4 (including this one) but compared to what they were before they were bought out in 2016. And yes, I only buy from Newegg, never a 3rd party seller.

Lol 80 GIG hd for 120 bucks :)View attachment 243128
Had to go back through my history for giggle too. My earliest order was a VIA KT266A motherboard on 1/28/2002.
Also picked up the thoroughbred 1 year after you for 162.

Generally I don't newegg unless amazon doesnt have it. I got burnt by newegg's rush delivery scheme once, where I paid and they sat on it still for a couple of days and wouldn't refund the rush delivery fee. Visited the north Houston Fry's a couple of weeks (before COVID shutdown) just to get some thermal paste. It was a sad shell of what fry's used to be. Definitely still use and appreciate microcenter.

Early newegg wasn't bad. Can't say what would have happened to them long term if they hadn't sold out to China though.

Had to go back through my history for giggle too. My earliest order was a VIA KT266A motherboard on 1/28/2002.
Also picked up the thoroughbred 1 year after you for 162.

Generally I don't newegg unless amazon doesnt have it. I got burnt by newegg's rush delivery scheme once, where I paid and they sat on it still for a couple of days and wouldn't refund the rush delivery fee. Visited the north Houston Fry's a couple of weeks (before COVID shutdown) just to get some thermal paste. It was a sad shell of what fry's used to be. Definitely still use and appreciate microcenter.

Yeah Fry's has been sad for a while. I hope they aren't going the way of Best Buy and stop selling major PC components (MBs, CPUs, cases, etc). I remember when Best Buy had the entire back of their store full of computer parts including motherboards and processors. CompUSA was also open back then. Man I miss the old days.

Yeah Fry's has been sad for a while. I hope they aren't going the way of Best Buy and stop selling major PC components (MBs, CPUs, cases, etc). I remember when Best Buy had the entire back of their store full of computer parts including motherboards and processors. CompUSA was also open back then. Man I miss the old days.

There is something to be said for "tangible" buying, vs. purely online. But with that said, you certainly have selection with online. Brick and mortar was (it's dead Jim) very useful for those "pinch" situations, where you needed something "now". Noting that sometimes Amazon can get close to "now". And for some things, you want to see it, hold it, in order to know if it's going to work in your situation. Sometimes online specs (like size) can lie.

I wouldn't use Newegg, they've gone downhill to the point of being borderline thieves. I used them to buy my ram and SSD for my new build. They charged me for both ($280) then sent me an email the day they were supposed to arive saying the SSD was out of stock and they removed it from my invoice completely so the only evidence I had ordered it was the price difference of my invoice VS what they actually removed from my account. The RAM never got to me as they said it was undelivered and was returned to sender. I had them sent to my office, we get two UPS deliveries a day, I know our UPS drivers well. The item never even made it onto the truck before it was "returned to sender". This was almost a month ago and they still haven't returned my money. It took me over a week just to get ahold of someone there and the first time they contacted me was at almost 1am on a Thursday morning. I'm still fighting with them to get my money back.

I'd just order from Amazon if no other place has what you want.Buying a bundle maynot be an option at this point so if that is the only way you'll buy you probably just going to have to wait.

I just did a big order and my card got declined so newegg still charged 167 to me but nothing else had to order thru paypal for some reason my debt wouldn't go thru i hope i dont have to fight with them myself like you to get the funds returned. I did get emails for everything so i should have proof they charged me if they wanna be pain in the butt.

This no-stock and price gouge situation almost makes me want to check out a Best Buy B&M. Almost.

This no-stock and price gouge situation almost makes me want to check out a Best Buy B&M. Almost.
To be fair its not really price gouging. They do the same exact thing amazon does. If you buy from Newegg you get their price and shipping. If they dont have it in stock you have an option of buying from a third party seller, just like amazon.

Like currently you can get the board I bought from them IN STOCK and 299 dollars for the x570 strix-E
https://www.newegg.com/asus-rog-strix-x570-e-gaming/p/N82E16813119111

But if you limit yourself to amazon who have very few x570 boards you are limited to third party sellers. That same 299 newegg board is $379.00 on amazon.

gouge.jpg

To be fair its not really price gouging. They do the same exact thing amazon does. If you buy from Newegg you get their price and shipping. If they dont have it in stock you have an option of buying from a third party seller, just like amazon.

Like currently you can get the board I bought from them IN STOCK and 299 dollars for the x570 strix-E
https://www.newegg.com/asus-rog-strix-x570-e-gaming/p/N82E16813119111

But if you limit yourself to amazon who have very few x570 boards you are limited to third party sellers. That same 299 newegg board is $379.00 on amazon.

View attachment 243609

It's price gouging, just not by Newegg or Amazon.

It's price gouging, just not by Newegg or Amazon.
It's called supply and demand, not gouging. You are not talking basic necessities of life here like food and fuel oil. Its something totally optional and frivolous. If you think its to high and your being gouged dont buy it, take its demand away and the price will come back down.

I went looking for a X570 board last nuight and it is pretty thin out there. My requirements include decent sound, a PS2 port for my mechanical keyboard, and a post code display. I really don't want WiFi on the board as I do not need it. I could not find a single board in stock with my requirements that was actually in stock somewhere. It is pretty ridiculous trying to build a system right now.

I went looking for a X570 board last nuight and it is pretty thin out there. My requirements include decent sound, a PS2 port for my mechanical keyboard, and a post code display. I really don't want WiFi on the board as I do not need it. I could not find a single board in stock with my requirements that was actually in stock somewhere. It is pretty ridiculous trying to build a system right now.
LOL PS2 is kind of limiting you. Surprised mobo makers are still wasting money by even installing them on a board.
Agree with the wifi though. I dislike even having it on the board even though its turned off in the bios. But to get all the options on the board I wanted it was a wifi only race.

It's called supply and demand, not gouging. You are not talking basic necessities of life here like food and fuel oil. Its something totally optional and frivolous. If you think its to high and your being gouged dont buy it, take its demand away and the price will come back down.

Semantics, the definition of both is the same. I never claimed these things were a necessity or that I would be paying those prices, just pointing out that those are 3rd party stores selling them.

LOL PS2 is kind of limiting you. Surprised mobo makers are still wasting money by even installing them on a board.
Agree with the wifi though. I dislike even having it on the board even though its turned off in the bios. But to get all the options on the board I wanted it was a wifi only race.
A lot of high end mechanical switch gaming keyboards using Cherry mechanical switches use the miniDin6 P/S2 connector. Also I have an old IBM white mechanical switch keyboard as a backup that uses the P/S 2 connector that you can't break with a 10 Lb sledge hammer. I could deal with a board without the p/S2 connector but the real deal killer is no post display on the motherboard. I could not find a single board instock that had a post code display.

A lot of high end mechanical switch gaming keyboards using Cherry mechanical switches use the miniDin6 P/S2 connector. Also I have an old IBM white mechanical switch keyboard as a backup that uses the P/S 2 connector that you can't break with a 10 Lb sledge hammer. I could deal with a board without the p/S2 connector but the real deal killer is no post display on the motherboard. I could not find a single board instock that had a post code display.
Yes the high end mechanical keyboards maybe, but you are still talking a very very small fraction of computer users would have any use for that connection. No sense spending an extra dollar on every motherboard for the .0003 percent that would use that feature. I am shocked any would have that connection anymore.

The X570 strix E was in stock up until yesterday :). I bought one last week and they were in stock last night, but not today. It's the board I got because it had post code. The only thing I didnt like was that it has wifi :) But I disabled that in the bios right away. I cant imagine building a desktop computer and using wifi, thats what laptops are for. My desktop I want to move large files around.

Yes the high end mechanical keyboards maybe, but you are still talking a very very small fraction of computer users would have any use for that connection. No sense spending an extra dollar on every motherboard for the .0003 percent that would use that feature. I am shocked any would have that connection anymore.

The X570 strix E was in stock up until yesterday :). I bought one last week and they were in stock last night, but not today. It's the board I got because it had post code. The only thing I didnt like was that it has wifi :) But I disabled that in the bios right away. I cant imagine building a desktop computer and using wifi, thats what laptops are for. My desktop I want to move large files around.

You forgot. LN2 users use the PS/2 connection also. Issues with USB at certain settings.

Like I said, I could lose the PS2 connector but really want the post code display. My last 5 boards have had one and it has saved my bacon on several occasions (usually when I have done something stupid that messed up my rig). Other than NewEgg, I am having a problem finding a X570 board anywhere. Frys and Microcenters are both sold out. Tiger Direct is a shell of it's former self and doesn't have any Texas stores any more (used to be Comp USA). Directron didn't have anything. I am hesitant to buy from NewEgg as I have heard mixed reviews on their customer service. I bought all of my mrd other than a otherboards and processors from Frys for years then switched to Microcenter several years ago because their motherboard bundles were better deals. I have a nice shinny 3700X in the box and noting to stick it on. Even checked Amazon and could not find a board I wanted.

Semantics, the definition of both is the same. I never claimed these things were a necessity or that I would be paying those prices, just pointing out that those are 3rd party stores selling them.
No, the definition is not the same. Gouging implies something other than a high price and is illegal durinv emergencies. Simply 3rd party pricing on a computer motherboard (a non essential item) being high is not gouging.

Well, too bad.
Not really, I dont feel as if I am missing anything by not knowing who or what a hwbot is. Do you think motherboard makers should spend extra money on every motherboard for a obsolete feature that only a very small fraction of the people use?

If you built and sold cars would you install a 20 dollar window crank in every car right beside the power button for the windows just so the 10 people in the world who refuse to move past the hand crank can be happy?

Last edited:
I just checked a couple of online stores and x570 boards seems to be still readily available although a bunch of them are temporarily out of stock on amazon.co.uk, local online store here in Belgium seems to still have a good selection, shipping to the US might be exoensive though.

My onboard wifi has come in handy on several occasions. Allowes me to stream to my TV and allows me to hotspot to my phone on the rare occasion my internet is down and I need to get some work done.

My local stores just reopened and have stock.
Scalpers ran thru and bought up all the psus 650w and higher of course.

They X570 boards, but now that b450 is in the grave I'd hope those guys all get denied refunds and don't have funds to buy out viable stock.

3300x has artificially killed 3600 desirability.

My local stores just reopened and have stock.
Scalpers ran thru and bought up all the psus 650w and higher of course.

They X570 boards, but now that b450 is in the grave I'd hope those guys all get denied refunds and don't have funds to buy out viable stock.

3300x has artificially killed 3600 desirability.
Must be nice. Everything around her is pretty thin. I think I am just going to wait until June 16 to see what B550 has to offer. I plan on picking up a 3300X tomorrow and take a wait and see attitude to see what Zen 3 has to offer when it is released later this year.

Ain't nothing wrong with Best Buy B&M. I just bought my last 3 cpu's and an SSD from them in the last 5 months and picked up locally, without issues. Their prices are inline with what everyone else is but of course, like everyone else, their in stock stuff is way down.

Wow, I never had a problem with Newegg, granted I started ordering my parts in the Phenom II days... But you always know, people with bad experiences will ALWAYS speak up, and people with good experiences hardly speak up.

Sometimes Newegg is the only one will ship some thought out here, with a high price tag attached to it.

I've never had an issue with Newegg. I still do the bulk of my PC purchases through them. They have marketplace sellers like Amazon does, so you just need to make sure that what you're buying is directly from Newegg.

Ive never had an issue with newegg either and Ive been buying from them since they opened. I just bought my current rig from them, and everything came fast with no problems. Only thing I do is avoid all third party sellers and only buy from newegg itself.

But, the discounts were a lot bigger, or seemed to be, at first. Ever since they sold out to China, just hasn't really been the same (that is, you can usually get a better deal elsewhere).

Back