I take back anything bad I ever said about PS3

Polish Ninja

Limp Gawd
So my friend and I went to BB to pick up NWN 2 and ended up mozying by the PS3's... After playing Motorstorm and F1 on an HDTV for about an hour, and a couple calls to the bank, we are 360 fanbois no longer.

Holy damn, Motorstorm, F1, and GT:HD on my 37" Westy are the most glorious thing I have ever seen in the history of gaming, and I'll post pics in the morning to prove it. Do yourself a favor, and before listening to digg or joystiq's opinion go down to Best Buy and try out Motorstorm and GT:HD.

Not to rain on your parade, but I did that at target on November 06 release, and wasn't that impressed.

I dont have a 360 either, just a Wii and the computer in the sig.
You could say I dont care about nextgen, not enough to spend on, anyway.
It is much cheaper later.

I...... dont know, just not impressed enough with nextgen, to throw money at it.

Each to his own.

I have all three consoles. My Xbox 360 red ringed of death me last week, and I do not have a warranty; so technically I have two consoles at the moment. I bought the Wii, and I wish I never did. In my opinion it's the worst console I have ever purchased. The PS3 is absolutely amazing. I used to be a hardcore xbox 360 fanboy, but the red ring of death really changed my stance on the console. I used to bash the ps3, when I never even had one. I take everything back. The ps3 is amazing, the ps3 is so quiet when compared to the 360. Furthermore, the ps3 build quality is no where near the 360s. You look at the insides of the 360, and then look at the insides of the ps3, the difference is night and day. I know at the moment the 360 is more appealing to the consumer since it has been out for a while. The ps3 has no solid titles at the moment, but that is going to change as summer comes along. I can't wait to see Heavenly Sword and Lair. Anyways, I rented Motorstorm, wow the graphics are amazing on an HDTV. In my opinion it is definitely the best looking racing game out there.

Im thinking about pairing up a nexgen console w/ the westy 37" sometime later this year for both 1080 gaming and HD movie content, and i think it will come down to either one with better AAA exclusive titles.. ps3 - mgs series (never really was a big fan..), heavenly sword (definitely would pick it up), dmc4 (if this was still an exclusive, it would have a heavier weight but since its coming to x360 too..) x360 has halo 3 (a series which i've always enjoyed), GoW2 down the road, pgr?

Hopefully by the end of this year, the x360's build quality would be better than current standards.. and if Sony does a competitive pricing.. i might not be able to say no to them.

It does sit quite nicely under my TV all alone without too many excess wires hanging out.. the only one that makes it quite cluttered is my webcam connected.. thats about it.

I don't really know how to properly take pictures of an LCD, because there's not actually any ghosting on the screen.

IMG_0700.jpg

CopyofIMG_0709.jpg

CopyofIMG_0711.jpg

CopyofIMG_0713.jpg

CopyofIMG_0715.jpg

CopyofIMG_0717.jpg

CopyofIMG_0718.jpg

CopyofIMG_0719.jpg

Yeah, I was sold on it when they announced Tekken: Dark Resurrection would be out for it. I got sold on a new system for a $20 "value" title :)
Still, I've greatly enjoyed my PS3 as well as my other two systems and my PC, too.

I agree that PS3's graphics are awesome. But I'm waiting for the console's price to drop.

wow motostorm looks great .. worth buying ???
and gt:hd .. how much do u get to play .. like what cars .. i played for a min .. and u have to start out with a shit car lol ..

and i hate my wii .. should have never have bought it

I am also very happy with my PS3 purchase. I got it with motorstorm and it is an awesome game. The store could be a little more polished, but overall I think that it was a good purchase.

those screenshots of motorstorm look really different from the demo. here are some things that i like about the ps3:

-- it's quiet (thank god...i don't know how sega got away with the dreamcast's noise)
-- being able to download full HD movie trailers
-- the interface is so easy to navigate
-- touch sensitive buttons on system
-- blu-ray player with sony 1080p HDTV = match made in heaven

I completely agree with the above. I have the 47" version of the Westy posted above. Motorstorm looks so awesome in first person mode, it almost gives me motion sickness.

After joing Netflix, the Blu-ray portion of my PS3 is finally getting a workout. I can't believe how much better BR movies look compared to HD Dish.

I recently downloaded the trailer for PotC3: At World's End and all I can say is WOW. I wish new movies could go straight to Blu-ray! Seeing movies in the theater is barely better than watching them at home now. At least at home I can pause a 3 hour + movie for a break!

I own all 3 consoles and the PS3 gets the most lovin' so far. Just need more games now.

I have all three consoles too. I must say I have been a Xbox fan a little more then Sony. The reason was because it was the underdog in the last gen, and I usually support the underdog.

But Once I got my PS3 in November I changed my stance on PS3 and Xbox. I'm liking Sony this time around for some reason. Also with some of the stuff coming out from Sony Gamers Day it's looks like a bright future for the PS3.

I still love my 360, but PS3 is more appealing for me at this point.

And The Wii, well I rather not. :D

I've been considering getting a PS3 just because it's a cheaper way to get Blue Ray. I played the game mentioned in this thread and didn't care for it. There are plenty of PS3 games that look good, but there isn't anything out for it that really interests me.

I still don't think I'll get one for Blue Ray as I am not sure which format will actually win. Either that or I'll wait for the dual format players to get cheaper.

I was the same way, hardcore 360 fan. Then I saw PS3 in action and knew I had to have one, been loving it ever since.

The PS3 will be might be a great system for me in about a year or 2 when the prices has dropped and all the anticipated games that keep getting pushed back to 2008 will already be out. At that point I will do a comparison of exclusive games. If the PS3 has some exclusives that I have to own then I will buy one. Right now I am loving the multiplatform game trend. At this point, the PS3 is just way too expensive for what it offers.

I was the same way, hardcore 360 fan. Then I saw PS3 in action and knew I had to have one, been loving it ever since.

i wish i could say the same, but unfortunately nothing on the ps3 interests me. spidey 3 was supposed to be my 1st ps3 game, but man was shit pretty bad. stranglehold (barring horrible reviews) seems to be the game that'll pop my ps3 cherry. plus it comes w/ a free blu-ray movie of hard boiled.

right now the 360 and graw2 is givin me more than enough enjoyment

Its pretty good but the games aren't there yet. I played motorstorm @t a eb games and it wasn't all that great except the graphics. Being used to pcgames it wasn't that huge of an improvement but it was pretty good. Right next to it was the wii though which i tried and had a lot more fun in zelda using the wii mote and stuff. I think once it gets better games it might be more worth getting but right now theres no need to own one just yet unless you really like some of the titles out now :).

I think the PS3 and the Wii sucks because I am an Nvidia 8800 Series Fanman. Mind you I have both system and the only reason why I bought them was because I wanted to look cool on [H]. Jk I love the PS3, its such a beautiful dust collector. :D

The main reasons I don't have a PS3 yet are:

1)They haven't released any games I am interested yet.
2)The upcoming games that look interesting are also coming out for the 360.

It will take 4-5 exclusive games that I want before I even think about dropping $600 on a PS3. I currently own more games for my WII than there are exclusive games for the PS3 that I am even remotely interested in. IMHO the PS3 has a sad exclusive lineup and if that keeps up I may never buy a PS3.

Until then I am going to keep rocking my 360/WII/DS/PC/PS2.

It will take 4-5 exclusive games that I want before I even think about dropping $600 on a PS3. I currently own more games for my WII than there are exclusive games for the PS3 that I am even remotely interested in. IMHO the PS3 has a sad exclusive lineup and if that keeps up I may never buy a PS3.

I agree. Those are the exact reasons why I haven't purchased a PS3. Until some really cool and exclusive game or games comes out for the PS3 I will stay largely uninterested.

Ditto. And I own the same 4 consoles. I do not own a PS3

HOWEVER, today's PS3 demonstration involved the release of these two videos for a game I hadn't seen till today.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19633&type=wmv&pl=game
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19631&type=wmv&pl=game

(There are SD versions of the links if your connection can't handle it)
I gotta admit, this looks freaking awesome. It looks like it's got a good plot, with competent voice actors, and a detailed atmosphere.

The graphics alone are merely good, but in conjunction with the animation here, have impressed me more than GoW. This game is damned tempting. Unfortunately, this alone is still not enough to make me shell out the money for a PS3, but it took a big step in that direction. It's the only exclusive game I'm interested that isn't just a PSN download:p I'm fairly sure I'll buy one someday, but only after a drop in price.

it really seems like the only problem the PS3 has is the price tag.. that's my only reason for not getting one.. i just don't want to pay that much...

The graphics alone are merely good, but in conjunction with the animation here, have impressed me more than GoW. This game is damned tempting. Unfortunately, this alone is still not enough to make me shell out the money for a PS3, but it took a big step in that direction. It's the only exclusive game I'm interested that isn't just a PSN download:p I'm fairly sure I'll buy one someday, but only after a drop in price.

Looks kinda cool. However, I thought it was funny when the speaker was talking about the need for realistic human movement and animation when just a second before I was thinking "too bad the main characters animations are so jumpy". What is even funnier is that I came back here and actually read your comments, and you were mentioning liking the animation too.

The best example of what I think is wrong is when the guy is crossing logs and he falls and grabs hold... The falling movement almost doesn't even exist... One second he is standing upright, and then he is almost instantly hanging over the side... What happened to the ACTUAL falling part. There are similar missing frames in almost everything he does...

BTW, I am not saying the animation is horrible, it is actually quite good. So good that it enters "uncanny valley" territory for animations, being so close to perfect that the few minor issues actually look far, far, worse than normal because of how good the rest looks.... So it looks right, but FEELS wrong.

Looks kinda cool. However, I thought it was funny when the speaker was talking about the need for realistic human movement and animation when just a second before I was thinking "too bad the main characters animations are so jumpy". What is even funnier is that I came back here and actually read your comments, and you were mentioning liking the animation too.

The best example of what I think is wrong is when the guy is crossing logs and he falls and grabs hold... The falling movement almost doesn't even exist... One second he is standing upright, and then he is almost instantly hanging over the side... What happened to the ACTUAL falling part. There are similar missing frames in almost everything he does...

BTW, I am not saying the animation is horrible, it is actually quite good. So good that it enters "uncanny valley" territory for animations, being so close to perfect that the few minor issues actually look far, far, worse than normal because of how good the rest looks.... So it looks right, but FEELS wrong.

I agree but I think the final product is going to be truly amazing. In these videos when the animation is on, it is truly breathtaking and definately a new level of realism in vharacter movement in gaming but when it isn't quite right it just jumps out at you and looks crap. I read somewhere that they are planning to double the animations before launch. I can't wait ti see this game at E3 because it looks really amazing, it is just EXTREMELY ambtious and hasn't quite come together yet.

i don't have a ps3 and don't intend on buying one, but if someone were to give me one, I wouldn't throw it away...
Games look good. Games will continue to come out for it that are good. I just have too much invested in my 360 to turn to the dark side now.

it really seems like the only problem the PS3 has is the price tag.. that's my only reason for not getting one.. i just don't want to pay that much...

This is the problem for most people.

Come holiday season I think there will be a 100$ price cut

Hmm, I rewatched and I saw what you were referring to, and I have to agree, those particular points were pretty jerky, a few others here and there as well. Particularly, it's the sheer volume of animations I'm seeing in the character as he traverses the jungle that impressed me. Considering the length of the video I'm suprised that they repeated so infrequently, lots of little variations according to the context. Usually a game just uses the same animation for just a few strictly defined contexts.

watching blueray,surfing as i am now and gaming on 57 inch dlp are worth the price of admission imo

watching blueray,surfing as i am now and gaming on 57 inch dlp are worth the price of admission imo

Oh man, I had never seen 1080p movies until I started downloading trailers from the Sony marketplace (particularly the PotC3 one). If you have a 360 but not PS3 the HD-DVD player is definently worth getting.

Oh man, I had never seen 1080p movies until I started downloading trailers from the Sony marketplace (particularly the PotC3 one). If you have a 360 but not PS3 the HD-DVD player is definently worth getting.

The problem is there are a lot of people like me who are not going to invest in either bluray or HD-DVD until one is declared a winner.

Personally I have a nice HTPC hooked up to my 1080p TV and I'd rather stick a drive into it than play the movies on a gaming console. However if the released a decently price drive that reads both, then I might entertain buying one.

So my friend and I went to BB to pick up NWN 2 and ended up mozying by the PS3's... After playing Motorstorm and F1 on an HDTV for about an hour, and a couple calls to the bank, we are 360 fanbois no longer.

Holy damn, Motorstorm, F1, and GT:HD on my 37" Westy are the most glorious thing I have ever seen in the history of gaming, and I'll post pics in the morning to prove it. Do yourself a favor, and before listening to digg or joystiq's opinion go down to Best Buy and try out Motorstorm and GT:HD.

welcome to the club.

You can have 1080p, the majority will take a Wii.

Your opinion, seems a very defensive comment tho.

Wii gets boring fast. It was fun at first and the wife still plays occasionaly but the PS3 still gets the most use.For example we've had more fun online with Calling All Cars than we have with any Wii game we own. Wii also looks shit on a 55" 1080p rptv....REALLY shit. Most ppl I know have big HD tv's, this shows up the Wii....big time.

You play Virtua Tennis 3 in 1080p and then play Wii Sports tennis and it feels like your eyes are bleeding from the fuzz. And the game (Wii Sports tennis) really isn't any fun whatsoever on your own, it's only a laugh with friends. And that goes for the vast majority of its games. Don't get me started on the shite Mii and non existant online gaming experience.

But this isn't a Wii vs PS3 thread. Welcome to the club OP and there are some seriously kick ass looking games coming soon from the many trailers released recently.

Back