i swapped my wifes chip into another board, now it doesn't work

Ziggy!talon

Limp Gawd
now it doesnt work.

i had a newish Epox board laying around that i didnt know if it worked or not, and i realized hey! my wife's chip could go in there (her machine has an old willamette 1.4/400/256) so i take her machine apart, pull the chip and hs/fan out and throw an old agp card in, hook up HER psu up to it and try to fire it up...nada... no fans, no lights, nothing.... so i figure the board must be shot... so i pull her stuff back out, put it all back together, reapply some AS5, connect the power cable and fire it up, expecting it to fire up just fine like it always does but to my dismay i get a beep error code two beeps, constantly repeating high pitch/low pitch over and over.... no post...

i try all the normal stuff, reset the CMOS pull the CPU out again, reseat it, reseat the ram, all the cards.... same thing...

that makes me so mad... so i guess either the board killed her chip, or the board killed the power supply...

A few ideas... Was her computer a dell, sometimes their power supplies are wired different? Have you looked up what the beep codes mean on the old board? Did you plug in the p4 4 pin cable on the motherboard?

That siren sound means no graphics card is connected, or maybe you havent connected the power to it.

Back