I sure do love my BH-5!!!

Johnyblaze

Limp Gawd
Had the chance to use stang_man's power supply with a modded 3.3v rail. (3.6v/5.1v/12.2v) on my droop/vdimm modded P4C.

3.4vdimm yeilded these results...

BH-5_265mhz.jpg

We will see what 3.5-3.6vdimm will do for the ram soon...

nice...i hit the exact same thing as you with the exact same volts with the exact same memory:D mushkin is sweet

Very impressive! Isn't stock voltage 2.6 volts normally? Aren't you concerned about longetivity or do you just have lots of money$?

holy shit thats damn nice. But like someone else mentioned I hope you dont intend to run it at that vdimm the whole time :D

3.4 volts won't hurt bh-5 that much at all....now 3.6 is another story. Go look at the thread in xtremesystems about what voltages people run their bh05 at 24/7. Most are in the 3.3-3.4 range, with some at 3.6-3.7. It may shave a year off of a 5 year lifespan, but I know me for one will be getting ddr2 in less than a year, so thats just me. I run 3.35 day to day.

3.4 volts is a 31% overvolt from stock mfg. recommended voltage. I would guess it would knock more than a year off of life expectancy, more like 3-4 years. That would be like running a 12 volt fan on 16 volts. It's MTBF wouldn't be 50,000 hrs. But it's a personal decision. I myself can't afford to buy a new rig every year.

Ummm, excuse my noobness, but ummm, what are these 12v, 5v, 3.3v mods you keep referring to? DO you modify the powersupply itself or what? I thought vdimm mods where done on the ram cips themselves or on the ram mosfets with variable resistors...

with the Asus P4C800-E, taking vdimm from the 3.3V, you need a high 3.3V line to get more than 3.05V after doing the vdimm mod to the board.

so to get higher vdimm, i had to mod my 3.3V to give more voltage.

3.2-3.4V is very safe. 3.5-3.6 we'd only do for benchmarks

oh, and you think that's bad?? we had his Hercules 9800Pro getting 5V to the memory, when stock is 2.9V

:D

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=726156

those are the 12v, 5v, and 3.3v mode we are talking about.

Stang Man, i can give my mushkin 3.5 or 3.6 but realistically, how many mhz would I gain about after 3.4, I don't wanna fry this memory. Also, what'd his card memory do with 5v? The most I've ever seen a bga chip take is 4.0! Nice work if it lived!

Originally posted by computerpro3
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=726156

those are the 12v, 5v, and 3.3v mode we are talking about.

Stang Man, i can give my mushkin 3.5 or 3.6 but realistically, how many mhz would I gain about after 3.4, I don't wanna fry this memory. Also, what'd his card memory do with 5v? The most I've ever seen a bga chip take is 4.0! Nice work if it lived!

you wont fry the memory, but you'll see a point of diminishing return as jonnyblaze put it yesterday. we're going to try 3.5/3.6, but i really doubt it's gonna do anything more than 3.4 did.

oh it lived, but it didn't do anything for the card. still works, we find that stock memory voltage is just as good for oc'ing.

I don't think I've made it into Windows at anything less than 2.6V...

Back