I sold a 680 SC on [H], is this just?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's a question. Remember back in the day when you could use the defroster kits and basically change the clocking of CPUs? If you took a slower cpu, etched the markings with the defroster kit to make it a faster one, what would you sell it as?

It on the surface appears as the faster CPU right? And if you had one side by side, would you be able to tell the difference?

The number with the serial number is of course the valid one, anyone with common sense can see that.

Anyways, I'm just waiting for the buyers reply. And please stop spamming this thread now, it's hard for me to track what's going on. And yes, I've gotten the message, by saying it again and again doesn't make it go in my head anymore.

The number with the serial number is of course the valid one, anyone with common sense can see that.

I know what you're saying, but it still doesn't make sense for the sticker to even be there.

Even though this guy has F'ed my name on this forum and also on heatware for an honest mistake that I made, I'll put my pride on a side and offer him a $20 i.e. if he cancels the dispute first. The shipping part to EVGA he made himself without my consent or comment, so that was none of my concern. This is fair enough from my side.

Let me know in this thread only if you're interested. If $20 would change your life then be my guest and take it, it's yours.

Actually OP, you did that yourself.

After reading all the pages, I have to side with the buyer on this one.

$35 partial refund is more then reasonable considering the price difference and the RMA to EVGA. Which in my opinion is something I would have done too if I received a card that had a stripped screw. Some people are picky like that, maybe he wanted to sell it one day, and make sure that all the hardware was intact, and not broken. I don't find it childish or immature to quickly RMA the card to EVGA in hopes of getting the screw fixed. Nothing wrong with that.

Originally, I didn't myself know that what 'Model' this card was because it had two Model no. stickers on it as you can see clearly in the picture. Only after registering it did I really know the real model no., but then it was too late as the transaction had already been made.

Just thought I'd share this piece of information:

2013-03-28_0242.png

So hang on a second, lets get your multiple stories straight:

First you said you were well aware that it was a 680 flashed to a SC and that I should have known better and that I'm an idiot for sending it to EVGA for RMA.

Then you claim that you're not trying to be "goody goody" on these forums and will not issue any sort of refund be it partial or full.

Now you post up a pic and feign ignorance. Does anyone believe this guy? Listen man, send me my refund tonight and this card will be mailed back to you first thing tomorrow afternoon with tracking + insurance.

BTW this is what EVGA recognized the card as:

SERIAL NUMBER: 1210652680000014

Description: 2048MB, GeForce GTX 680

RMA ID: xxxxxx

RMA Number: xxxxxxx

RMA Received: Received On: 03/22/2013

Shipping Status: Shipped On: 03/25/2013 - Tracking Number: xxxxxxx

Shipping Out Option Selected: UPS Ground

Part Number Out: 02G-P4-2680-RX

Next Step: RMA Complete

That little sticker could've been added on at anytime and it didn't magically turn the vanilla card into an SC. As a seller, you already knew it wasn't an SC card since that is what your position has been all along. You can't suddenly have an epiphany and say, "oh well I was duped on ebay too and didn't even know what card I was selling!". Your stories become more and more convoluted by the second.

Buyer, do note that if you cancel the dispute you have no way, what-so-ever to re-dispute the claim.

Why shouldn't you RMA it:
You don't get it do you? Does the term 'REFLASHED' mean anything to you? If not then google it.

As far as the refund is concerned, I wasn't willing to given one via PM and I'm still not willing to give one now. I'm not acting all 'goody goody' only because I'm talking on public forums. The actual refund would have only been possible if I was actually getting my own card back, but that's a goner.

You titled the auction - AND this thread as a 680 SC. It's not a 680 SC, period. As for the stickers - they are stickers. The only one that matters is the S/N sticker.

The buyer isn't being unreasonable. Get over yourself, or GTFO.

The buyer sent the card to EVGA under the assumption that it's a SC, which it is not. You want to make your name right? Refund his money and take the card back - EVGA would have done the same thing for you, sent that different card back. No, the buyer shouldn't have sent it to EVGA, but he did. It still doesn't make what you did right, if you have to eat some cost, you should.

$35 partial refund is more then reasonable considering the price difference and the RMA to EVGA. Which in my opinion is something I would have done too if I received a card that had a stripped screw. Some people are picky like that, maybe he wanted to sell it one day, and make sure that all the hardware was intact, and not broken. I don't find it childish or immature to quickly RMA the card to EVGA in hopes of getting the screw fixed. Nothing wrong with that.

Not really, as I said earlier.

The RMA was initiated by the buyer despite the seller saying that he would send the buyer new screws, which would be quicker than to RMA a card no matter how you slice it.

The RMA costs are on the buyer and the buyer alone. The naming snafu is on the seller, which, based on current new prices, is a $20 difference.

First you said you were well aware that it was a 680 flashed to a SC and that I should have known better and that I'm an idiot for sending it to EVGA for RMA.

Then you claim that you're not trying to be "goody goody" on these forums and will not issue any sort of refund be it partial or full.

Now you post up a pic and feign ignorance. Does anyone believe this guy? Listen man, send me my refund tonight and this card will be mailed back to you first thing tomorrow afternoon with tracking + insurance.

That little sticker could've been added on at anytime and it didn't magically turn the vanilla card into an SC. As a seller, you already knew it wasn't an SC card since that is what your position has been all along. You can't suddenly have an epiphany and say, "oh well I was duped on ebay too and didn't even know what card I was selling!". Your stories become more and more convoluted by the second.

I agree he's destroying his credibility by doing that picture. However, it's still my position that you're entitled to either a full refund or a partial refund of $20 at most. Asking for $35 is unreasonable.

If Paypal sides with you and says that you're eligible for a full refund, you will have to send it back first with tracking before Paypal releases the money to you.

Last edited:
Actually OP, you did that yourself.

After reading all the pages, I have to side with the buyer on this one.

Well man firstly, don't talk like you know the whole story because you certainly don't.

Secondly, if you run to EVGA just for a stripped screw, that shows you're a noob. Anyways, I've really had enough of these lame comments. Blame game everywhere.

I'm the one who actually opened the thread, the seller who sold the so-called 'faulty' product. If I was to run from a mistake I made, I certainly wouldn't be here. But there's a limit to where I can take insults/heat.

We human beings aren't perfect, or is everyone so bloody well perfect in this thread? or has lived a perfect life? Just keep it to yourselves from now on.

I'm gonna side with the buyer. Seller should have made it absolutely clear that the card was a reference, reflashed to a SC.

To post a picture and feign ignorance is even worse. If the seller doesn't/didn't know which card he had, how could the buyer possibly know? If I am selling something like that, and I am confused as to what it is...my first recourse would have been to look up the S/N of the card and SEE WHAT THE MANUFACTURER SAYS IT IS. I would have done that before ever posting it for sale. But maybe that is just me, and my desire to have a positive reputation on this forum.

I don't think the $35 partial refund was at all out of line, and seller's hard stance and stubbornness about refusing to deal with it made things worse.

The only part I am confused on, is how was the RMA issued/accepted since the card had a reflashed BIOS on it? You guys have said EVGA would have denied the RMA if it was flashed, but the buyer apparently has gotten a new card from EVGA. Was the card re-reflashed to the original BIOS before the RMA procedure?

Not really, as I said earlier.

The RMA was initiated by the buyer despite the seller saying that he would send the buyer new screws, which would be quicker than to RMA a card no matter how you slice it.

The RMA costs are on the buyer and the buyer alone. The naming snafu is on the seller, which, based on current new prices, is a $20 difference.

How would I have gotten the new screw on there? It was completely stripped. The RMA cost shouldn't be my responsibility because the seller damaged it and neglected to mention it. Even if I had shipped it to him for removal, he refused to cover the shipping to him. Either way I'd have been out money or stuck with a stripped screw. At this point the best action is for him to issue a full refund and take the card. I'm even willing to eat the $15 I lost to RMA and another $15 it'll take to get the card back to him.

I'm gonna side with the buyer. Seller should have made it absolutely clear that the card was a reference, reflashed to a SC.

To post a picture and feign ignorance is even worse. If the seller doesn't/didn't know which card he had, how could the buyer possibly know? If I am selling something like that, and I am confused as to what it is...my first recourse would have been to look up the S/N of the card and SEE WHAT THE MANUFACTURER SAYS IT IS. I would have done that before ever posting it for sale. But maybe that is just me, and my desire to have a positive reputation on this forum.

I don't think the $35 partial refund was at all out of line, and seller's hard stance and stubbornness about refusing to deal with it made things worse.

The only part I am confused on, is how was the RMA issued/accepted since the card had a reflashed BIOS on it? You guys have said EVGA would have denied the RMA if it was flashed, but the buyer apparently has gotten a new card from EVGA. Was the card re-reflashed to the original BIOS before the RMA procedure?

Nope, I never even powered on the card and the seller knew this. I let him know I saw that the screw was stripped and then he offered to remove it under the stipulation that I had to pay for shipping to him. I then contacted EVGA to see what they'd do and the tech said they could replace the screws for free. At that point I PM'd him again and said EVGA was willing to do it and not to worry and that once I received it back, I'd give him positive heatware feedback. I didn't even ask to be compensated for the RMA at that point. Surprisingly, EVGA didn't check or care about the flashed bios because they received the card on Friday and shipped the replacement on Monday--really awesome service on their part. Would anyone here have cared if it wasn't the same card? Unless it was some golden sample, it doesn't even matter..SC for an SC is all I wanted.

Last edited:

Are you planning on accepting the partial refund or not?

How would I have gotten the new screw on there? It was completely stripped. The RMA cost shouldn't be my responsibility because the seller damaged it and neglected to mention it. Even if I had shipped it to him for removal, he refused to cover the shipping to him. Either way I'd have been out money or stuck with a stripped screw. At this point the best action is for him to issue a full refund and take the card. I'm even willing to eat the $15 I lost to RMA and another $15 it'll take to get the card back to him.

Nope, I never even powered on the card and the seller knew this. I let him know I saw that the screw was stripped and then he offered to remove it under the stipulation that I had to pay for shipping to him. I then contacted EVGA to see what they'd do and the tech said they could replace the screws for free. At that point I PM'd him again and said EVGA was willing to do it and not to worry and that once I received it back, I'd give him positive heatware feedback. I didn't even ask to be compensated for the RMA at that point. Surprisingly, EVGA didn't check or care about the flashed bios because they received the card on Friday and shipped the replacement on Monday--really awesome service on their part. Would anyone here have cared if it wasn't the same card? Unless it was some golden sample, it doesn't even matter..SC for an SC is all I wanted.

Now we're getting more of the story... you should have posted this earlier so that no one would make incorrect assumptions. You're doing the same thing as the seller now, omitting key points of the story. Relax, calm down, and don't just post responses, make sure you clarify your position and what has transpired, because obviously the seller did not mention any of that, and you didn't either.

In that case, I do agree that it was reasonable for the $35 demand, but you couldn't have tried to at least take the screw off with some pliers first? It is also my position that if the seller wanted you to return it to him first to repair the card, the seller should have paid that return shipping.

Seriously though, both of you have a big problem about being fully forthcoming and communicating.

Now we're getting more of the story... you should have posted this earlier so that no one would make incorrect assumptions. You're doing the same thing as the seller now, omitting key points of the story. Relax, calm down, and don't just post responses, make sure you clarify your position and what has transpired, because obviously the seller did not mention any of that, and you didn't either.

In that case, I do agree that it was reasonable for the $35 demand, but you couldn't have tried to at least take the screw off with some pliers first? It is also my position that if the seller wanted you to return it to him first to repair the card, the seller should have paid that return shipping.

Seriously though, both of you have a big problem about being fully forthcoming and communicating.

I already talked about it here: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039743985&postcount=34 It's difficult to keep reiterating the same point. Believe me, I was never unreasonable with the seller and stayed cool throughout the entire process.

Ah, I see it now, must have skipped over it in that wall of text.

Yes the buyer has been perfectly reasonable and totally fair. $35 to make it even is beyond generous of Joker, I would have sent the wrong item I got back and not have even offered that. When I bought my 680 OC from another member here I got an OC card as it should be, not a reference card with an OC bios flashed to it.

He left me my first negative heat which is non sense.

Ill be blunt and you may not like it...you have been trading for six months and if the attitude that you show in this thread continues, you should expect to get a lot more negatives.

Your listing was dishonest, you can try and justify it anyway that you like in your head, but it was dishonest , never mind about the BIOS, your original listing clearly states
The condition is as good as new.
yet in this thread you admit
one of the screws may have been chipped off,

From the seller's listing:

Product: EVGA GTX 680 SC

This is clearly not true. The card is NOT a 680 SC but a reference 680 and the product description clearly misrepresents the product. Your fault, and you need to make it right, including and up to taking back the card eVGA sent the buyer and reimbursing him for all his expenses.

Simply put you lied about the product, trying to worm your way out and left the buyer a negative heat!

I'm to lazy to read all the pages. Was a dispute opened?

You should have said GTX 680 w/BIOS MOD or something.

You are wrong here and need to make it right!

You need to offer him a refund + shipping costs. Otherwise, You will leave a bad rep for yourself.

Buyer, You should contact heat ware to try and get it removed.

Holy hell man, the soap operas that appear on this forum sometimes are amazing, wow just wow!

Just refund the guy the money and move on. It is simple as that, you made the mistake. It is your product you sold. Do the right thing as it isn't that hard to do. How/Why on earth you people sell stuff here and have no idea what you are doing is simply amazing. Common sense goes a long way.....

Non disclosure of a stripped screw. False advertising calling the card a 680 SC. These are the root cause of this dispute. If neither of these things had happened none of this would have been an issue. The buyer has every right to ask for $35 or a full refund. Seller messed up.

How in the fuck is this even a question? Your thread title said 680 SC your thread listed it as a 680 SC...It ISNT a 680 SC it's a reference 680 thats been flashed. End of story. You were trying to scam someone. Refund him his money and be done with it before your name is tarnished any further. I sure as hell won't be buying from you.

Product: EVGA GTX 680 SC ITS NOT A 680 SC
Condition: Used for less than a week in SLi, roughly. The condition is as good as new.
Accessories: Just the card itself would be included.
OC Potential: Reflashed with the SC Bios with 150% Power Limit and stock boost clock at 1228Mhz on air. Under water, it runs at 1293Mhz with the 2.12V Bios fully stable.
Pics: Pic1

Price: Sold

Please note:
- No Trades
- No Returns
- The prices represent shipping within USA only.
- Payment through PayPal
- No faulty product is being sold, all have been tested and confirmed functionality.
- I have feedback on heatware, ebay and pakgamers.

I personally just sold a 6950 that I had flashed to 6970 bios/clocks. You know what I listed it as...

WTS: MSI Twin Frozr 6950, Flashed to 6970 Bios/Clocks!

You know why I listed it as such? Because it was a 6950 not a 6970. Let me also point out that you claimed it was "As good as new" when most certainly it was nowhere near that. Refund him the money. End of story.

PS. Buyer, If he left you negative heat, you need to contact heatware and have it changed. Point them to this thread if need be. If you explain what happened 9 out of 10 times itll will be reversed. Complete BS you received it in the first place.

Last edited:
I am also going to be one of the ones that say you should give the buyer a full refund and have him ship the card back to you.
Whether it happens or not is another story, but it has been stated many times that you made false claims about the product you were offering, the only way you can 'save face' at this point is to man up and give the guy his money back.

Ill be blunt and you may not like it...you have been trading for six months and if the attitude that you show in this thread continues, you should expect to get a lot more negatives.

Your listing was dishonest, you can try and justify it anyway that you like in your head, but it was dishonest , never mind about the BIOS, your original listing clearly states
yet in this thread you admit

I may have been trading here on 'H' just for six months, but I've been in the selling business way before that and my ratings speak for it. On 'h' or even eBay, what do you guys look at?, just heat ratings? Everything being online-based?

On pakgamers, around 95% of my deals have been of transactions in real life, hand to hand. Members know me personally and even online and not just 'online'.

You among the others are also blindly speaking the obvious without even thinking for a second. My listing may represent dishonesty, but my motive wasn't. It was a clear misrepresentation and misinterpretation of what I thought I could consider a GTX 680 SC.

When the buyer and me couldn't reach a common ground, it was his idea to let the community decide, hence this thread. It's clear that everyone thinks that he should be given a partial refund, but tell me something, while I'm trying to amend my mistake on his demand with all of you guys, he goes behind and not only leaves me negative heat, but even opens a dispute.

Now why the hell would he even mention to bring the community in it if he had to do that?

I may have been trading here on 'H' just for six months, but I've been in the selling business way before that and my ratings speak for it. On 'h' or even eBay, what do you guys look at?, just heat ratings? Everything being online-based?

On pakgamers, around 95% of my deals have been of transactions in real life, hand to hand. Members know me personally and even online and not just 'online'.

You among the others are also blindly speaking the obvious without even thinking for a second. My listing may represent dishonesty, but my motive wasn't. It was a clear misrepresentation and misinterpretation of what I thought I could consider a GTX 680 SC.

When the buyer and me couldn't reach a common ground, it was his idea to let the community decide, hence this thread. It's clear that everyone thinks that he should be given a partial refund, but tell me something, while I'm trying to amend my mistake on his demand with all of you guys, he goes behind and not only leaves me negative heat, but even opens a dispute.

Now why the hell would he even mention to bring the community in it if he had to do that?

To be clear because you're being dishonest: I opened the dispute and left negative heat only after you refused to give me a partial refund. Crosshairs is a moderator, I can forward him the PM to verify this.

The best bet is you just issue the $35 and that'd be it. I'll change the heat to neutral but won't leave a positive one. You left a retaliatory negative feedback on heatware which is against their rules and should remove it.

I would have left you negative heat and opened a dispute as well. Obviously it took a boot to the throat to get you motivated to do anything, considering you clearly and purposefully misrepresented the video card.

Nowhere in that ad do i see refurbished!

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/

Checking eVga's website, that card was refurbished!

If I bought a card that was both mis represented in the title, had a stripped screw AND was refurbished, I would ask for a 100% full refund.

This seller is either innocently lazy as hell or bluntly lying.

Illyria89 has been added to my no-trading list. He misrepresented the model number and condition of the item he was selling, and he remains contentious and unapologetic about the mess that was created as a direct result of his misrepresentaions. Illyria89 is not the sort of trader I would want to deal with, and his continued refusal to make the buyer whole will likely make many other forum users wary, I am sure. Good luck trying to sell stuff on [H] in the future.

Doesn't the SC have a 6 and 8 pin connector vs 6 and 6 with the reference? If so, there are more differences than can be flashed between the 2 cards.

Sorry if this has been posted already, I skipped to the end of the thread.

It is both the buyers and the sellers fault.

I'd side with the buyer on this one.

I was interested in that SAME card, but I knew something was off when I saw "SC", then I understood what he wrote.

I don't understand how this can go any longer.

Refund the guy $35 or even $45 ($10 for time) so both of you can leave positive heat and get over this.

I just sold a H100 cooler without some screws I thought was there, and the buyer though we would split half in the full installation kit... no worries that was my fault and I will pay for the full cost + anything else. That is HOW this should've gone. We all don't know the full story, and I understand where the OP would say 'disrespect' would halt/slow a resolution, but that isn't how life works. I've worked for several companies, including retail, and if I or any company had that mentality, we'd be homeless.

My problem is that the OP could've ended this with $35 awhile ago. Why just not do it and suck it up? You admitted fault on how you should've described it better so why not just fork out the $35 and get it over with? Making it far more then what it is...

Nowhere in that ad do i see refurbished!

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/

Checking eVga's website, that card was refurbished!

If I bought a card that was both mis represented in the title, had a stripped screw AND was refurbished, I would ask for a 100% full refund.

This seller is either innocently lazy as hell or bluntly lying.

Well now. Thats interesting.

I too would have left negative heat and opened a dispute. Firstly a dispute will ALWAYS be opened by me at the first sign of a problem. This is for my protection. A dispute means nothing as long as it is taken care of. It's very easy to end a dispute after both parties have been satisfied.

Secondly, negative feedback. If you been doing this selling thing for "forever" then why would you atttempt to BLATANTLY misrepersent an item you were selling? NOWHERE in your ad does it says it was originally a refrence that was flashed. It says you were selling a LIKE NEW "680 SC". A) It was nowhere near like new (and now appears to even be refurbished?) B) It WASNT a 680 SC, it was a reference 680. OF COURSE anyone would leave negative feedback. You knew in your head that a 680 SC was way more appealing than a reference 680. This is why you listed it as such. Then you have the nerve to try and put the blame on the seller? Make him pay for shipping? Cut me a break...

I almost feel like this is a troll post because its so blatantly obvious how fucked up the situation is yet you still feel you did nothing wrong.

To be clear because you're being dishonest: I opened the dispute and left negative heat only after you refused to give me a partial refund. Crosshairs is a moderator, I can forward him the PM to verify this.

The best bet is you just issue the $35 and that'd be it. I'll change the heat to neutral but won't leave a positive one. You left a retaliatory negative feedback on heatware which is against their rules and should remove it.

Contact heatware. It will be removed.

why is this guy still here flapping his gums, close thread, ban him from Classifieds... move on...

5150 just dispute it and get your money back, this guy is a troll.

What are most of the morons in this thread on about?

1) The pic clearly shows a non-SC card.

2) The FS thread was up for almost two weeks, so the buyer had plenty of time to ask any questions if necessary. This wasn't some sort of instabuy where the buyer was swindled by some awesome price; no one else was buying, so I suspect that the price was only "fair" and not "awesome" (like almost all cards on here where people expect 90% of MSRP on used cards).

I might have sided with the buyer in other instances, but because he went ahead and RMA'd the card ON HIS OWN before allowing the seller to make things right on the screw issue means he can take his pleas for a partial refund and get bent. Moreover, if you can't do your research before buying a $400+ videocard, that's on you, buddy.

What are most of the morons in this thread on about?

1) The pic clearly shows a non-SC card.

2) The FS thread was up for almost two weeks, so the buyer had plenty of time to ask any questions if necessary. This wasn't some sort of instabuy where the buyer was swindled by some awesome price; no one else was buying, so I suspect that the price was only "fair" and not "awesome" (like almost all cards on here).

I might have sided with the buyer in other instances, but because he went ahead and RMA'd the card ON HIS OWN before allowing the seller to make things right on the screw issue means he can take his pleas for a partial refund and get bent. Moreover, if you can't do your research before buying a $400+ videocard, that's on you, buddy.

You're the only moron here. Im assuming you didnt read the entire post. The seller was attempting to make the buyer pay for shipping back to him on something that wasnt his fault. RMA said theyd do it for free and he would know for sure the problem was fixed. The seller said it was a LIKE NEW card, it wasnt. The seller also said the card was something it wasnt.

So who's the moron?

Im glad people like you speak up so I can remember not to trade with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back