I seem to be having CPU spikes at random times.

Kuros

[H]ard|Gawd
Originally posted by plot
i have that problem sometimes too. i've found that it's caused by my USB joystick... whenever i unplug it, this happens. every so often the cpu usage spikes and computer freezes for 2-5 seconds...

so... have you unplugged any hardware lately? if so, either plug it back in or go in and remove the hardware profile for it.

Hm, only thing that I swap is my PS2 to USB pads and my connector for my digital camera.

Originally posted by plot
i have that problem sometimes too. i've found that it's caused by my USB joystick... whenever i unplug it, this happens. every so often the cpu usage spikes and computer freezes for 2-5 seconds...

so... have you unplugged any hardware lately? if so, either plug it back in or go in and remove the hardware profile for it.

I have a 2500+ @ 2.26 ghz, XP Pro with SP1, all of the latest drivers, and several USB devices. I do not get a 'freeze' like you described, even when plugging in a device such as a game pad, joystick, MD player, my mom's Clie PDA, or anything else. I suggest you update your USB drivers and mobo BIOS to attempt to alleviate those problems. I'm also running eMule and F@H, along with Winamp, MBM5, Semagic, and some other software. No problems like that.

Check your drivers. A random freeze like that would be caused by a driver, if not anything else. Also check to make sure you don't have any evil processes running, like MSN messenger service (msgs.exe).

Back