I run some programs and computer locks up half way

I'm ruining Xp Pro

In the past i could run these programs with no problem now i got problems. When i run bearshare, emule, and bullet Bulletproof FTP, my computer will lock up so only i can click item on the desktop. The taskbar is gone task manger will not show nothing. I even did a reload and still have problems. It happens when i run one problem at a time too. I have zonealarm and Norton 2004. Eveything has been updated, there is no spyware on the computer. Help me please

Bearshare and emule are P2P stuff that someone out there may be using somehow to gain access to your machine. P2P opens doors that I like to keep locked. I'd say bandwidth could be getting stolen, at the very least...maybe other resources, too. Run the usual spyware detection tools, and check all your ports. If you like P2P, you need to know the risks, and take precautions.

Personally, P2P stuff scares me. When I work on machines that have P2P, the owners get the "Kiss of Death" warranty.

well i did a Shields up scan and port 1025 is open, now i'm trying to close it. Weird because it use to be Stealth

RocketFast321 said:
well i did a shilds up scan and port 1025 is open, now i'm trying to close it. Weird because it use to be Stealth
Not too weird. I'd say it was opened from inside your machine. That's the kind of stuff that scares me about P2P.

Back