I recently bought the hottie video cards, here it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I basically made the OPs mistake back in early October when I was building my rig. At the time I was just doing a budget PC and got myself a BFG GTS 250 OC. It was a decent card but with some hardware issues I went from an SLI board to a Xrossfire board and as luck would have it I was just in time for the release of 5850s. For about the price you got your 2 250s I got a 5850 which obviously blows those cards out of the water. I had bought my 250 from Fry's and had no problems returning it for a full refund.

Pride is a fool's game. Sure, you may be a true gamer but that's hardly a game you want to win at. Take your lumps, return your slow hardware, and get something that will make you the envy of some [H]ard gamers.

HEY BUDDY, I take offense to this statement! When I was 13, my english composition was impecable. Next time don't go lumping all 13 yo's into a group with this guy. It is highly offensive to intelligent 13 yo's. :D

Lol it was all downhill from there. Sorry I just had to do it. Oh by the way, it's impeccable.

I am happy with 200 series..

'Cept they're not 200 series. They're re-rebranded G92s. And overpriced ones at that. If you really wanted SLI, you could have waited for a deal on a pair of considerably faster (and real 200 series) GTX 260s for about the same price.

Of course, with the hacked English and holier than thou attitude, it's fairly obvious you're just a troll anyway.

Jeez...will you guys just let it pass. One person posts about getting GTS 250s and you grill the poor guy for a 150 posts, do you think he'll ever want to post about anything on here after this? Just let this thread die already.

Alienware selling The MicroATX [Aurora ALX ] Alienware Desktop with SLI GTS 240, would you buy?

themicroatxalienwaredes.jpg

:thinking:, *Humm*

Alienware selling The MicroATX [Aurora ALX ] Alienware Desktop with SLI GTS 240, would you buy?

themicroatxalienwaredes.jpg

:thinking:, *Humm*

Now I KNOW you're just trolling. Mods please lock this thread as at this point it's just a mechanism for this troll to feel self-important by seeing replies to his ridiculous claims.

Who the hell are you to ask a moderator to lock a thread? You think they can't read this shit for themselves?

I just make a point that alienware selling the crappy desktop with SLI GTS 240 for $2,299. I know you are out... mmm

If I was troll, then I wouldn't be here.. looking at other posters including you are official trolls who filled in my thread which disrespect the Hard forums rule. therefore I know hard forums rule and loyalty respect this forum.

Last edited:
I just make a point that alienware selling the crappy desktop with SLI GTS 240 for $2,299. I know you are out... mmm

If I was troll, then I wouldn't be here.. looking at other posters including you are official trolls who filled in my thread which disrespect the Hard forums rule. therefore I know hard forums rule and loyalty respect this forum.

Alienware sells crappy overpriced gaming computers to people that are stupid enough to buy them every day. Look at my sig, if I had gotten the same computer from Alienware last spring it would have cost me $10,000. Essentially what you did was you paid more for less performance when you bought two GTS 250s plus a new motherboard and power supply. That is because two GTS 250's are rebranded 9800s which were rebranded 8800s. Can you please answer this question, what is the fastest graphics setup that you can get for $300? (Hint: It's not SLI GTS 250s).

They sell it because they know suckers like you will buy it...

for $2300... i7, 6GB DDR3, 2 x 5970s, w/ enough left over money to double/triple the storage capacity and slap a blue-ray player on the machine...

They sell it because they know suckers like you will buy it...
LOL, Me? If i was sucker to buy the crappy desktop from alienware. i wont post attached with screenshot of alienware. Plus I wont be here to associate with peers of hard forum who dont have alienware PC. I would be stick with alienware forums, nowhere for rest..

for $2300... i7, 6GB DDR3, 2 x 5970s, w/ enough left over money to double/triple the storage capacity and slap a blue-ray player on the machine...
OK, Good for you! :rolleyes:

Yo GMERGOD, could you please just admit your wrong. I am not trying to be mean or anything, I am just saying that that's what intellectuals do when they are wrong. Assuming that you consider yourself to be an intellectual.

You people do realize you are arguing with a kid? Who is desperate for attention with "woohooo"s and "LOL"s and don't forget the "hottie"s...

Yo GMERGOD, could you please just admit your wrong. I am not trying to be mean or anything, I am just saying that that's what intellectuals do when they are wrong. Assuming that you consider yourself to be an intellectual.
Yeah I do sometime wrong and you do sometime right. because you know I alway am right and you alway are wrong. I borrow quotes from the genius rapper G-Unit's sing's.

Last edited:

you are feeding his trolls...

:(

LOL, Me? If i was sucker to buy the crappy desktop from alienware. i wont post attached with screenshot of alienware. Plus I wont be here to associate with peers of hard forum who dont have alienware PC. I would be stick with alienware forums, nowhere for rest..

Then why would you post it!? :confused: To justify your purchase because a "big name" like Alienware is toting 240s in their $2300 system?

OK, Good for you! :rolleyes:

Yeah... tons of configurations, but here's what I would get...

i7-920 - 288.99
GA-EX58-UD5 - 268.99
G.Skill 6GB (3x2GB) - 149.99
HD 5970 - 639.00
HD 5970 - 639.00

WD Caviar Black 1TB - 99
WD Caviar Black 1TB - 99
Lite On BD Drive (RETAIL!) - 69.99

Grand total! - $2253.96

Why can't you bring yourself to understand the fact that your purchase wasn't the best one you could have done. We all make mistakes. I'm positive this thread would have ended without another attack had you just said:

"Damn. You're right, guys. You know what, I think I'll keep them anyway. I've been wanting to try SLI for a while now".

Instead, you went on a tangent on how you're a "true gamer" and how we (the community) can't understand what the difference is between a video card and a gamer...

You put yourself on the stake, tied the rope, and lit the fire...

Last edited:
You people do realize you are arguing with a kid? Who is desperate for attention with "woohooo"s and "LOL"s and don't forget the "hottie"s...

That is so 70s Retro my man, everybody knows it's the 'hotness.'

Jeezes why are people still responding to this guy. 10 page thread. I REFUSE to contribute to the happiness of this lonely fucker.

Shit i just did.

Your video cards suck. No offense.

Whoa. I am, like, so drunk right now. Just got back from hanging out with friends (four chicks and one dude, too bad three of them are lesbians! LMAO).

Just amazing that some of you are not banned yet for all the insults and derogatory statements made towards the OP.
Sure maybe he made a mistake buying the 250's but it was his money and he is happy with it. I'm sure most everyone here has made a mistake with buying hardware and should have researched first. Sure he also acts young, but so do half the people in this thread, some are acting even younger than the OP.
Calling him a troll? Maybe some people in this thread should look in the mirror when saying that cause the last few pages are nothing but troll posts from quite a few people ;).

I'm not going to say a thing mean about the OP just in case its Santa-Kyle in disguise using his anonymous powers to filter out all the mean posters from his Galaxy Card Giveaway! :eek:

You just blew your chance by impling the OP could be Kyle, LoL!

Guys, there is absolutely zero excuse for off-topic posting in the video card forums. If you think someone is trolling for attention, why would you go ahead and give it to them? A lot of you need to think twice about whether your next posts are about video cards or not if you want to keep using this forum.

Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.

No OFF-TOPIC posting will be allowed with the exception of the SUBSCRIPTION FORUM area (General Mayhem).

The rest of them are here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=760666

If you want to push your luck, I have no problem living up to my title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back