I Need the Best Bag With the Best Price!!

zwbuntster

Limp Gawd
I have a 15 inch Macbook Pro and I want to be able to bring it to school most days with out worrying about it. I have had bad luck in the past with a 12 inch powerbook and bags, so I want to make sure the macbook is proteced very well. I need a backpack that will be very protective, have enough space for text books, and be not too expensive. So, if anyone has any ideas, please help me out. Thanks

The only problems with that is the price. I am not sure that I can afford more than $100. Thanks

Targus Radius

that's the bag i have, and i fucking love it. it's sturdy as hell, well-padded, has a nice set of pockets in the outer zippered section, a nice removable inner sleeve with a handle for the laptop itself, and a very solid set of latches on the flap.

highly recommened. i bought it direct from apple when i got my refurbed MBP 1.83GHz, and my laptop doesn't go anywhere if it's not in this bag. heh.

i say $60 is a pretty good price to protect an $1,800 laptop.

As for the Targus bag, I like that bag, but I need more of a backpack to carry text books and notebooks also. I am not sure about the radtech bags because they don't seem to have very much protection. I was thinking something like the SpireUSA sleeve backpacks, but not their price. You can see them at SpireUSA.com. Otherwise, thanks for the help.

Once again, that is not the kind of storage I need. I will be carrying up to maybe 4 text books and ome notebooks. Hopefully that will not always be the case, but it is possible, so I will need some more room. What about any VERY protective sleeves that are not too big that may fit into soemthing like a Jansport or something like that? Any ideas that would be great also. Thanks

I am thinking the whole sleeve inside another bag may be better, so what are some very protective sleeves?

zwbuntster said:
I am thinking the whole sleeve inside another bag may be better, so what are some very protective sleeves?
muhahaha....
my idea wins.
The one....the only....the SHINZA!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortuantly they are out of stock so i guess other people need to offer suggestions.

Yeah I've been waiting for the Shinza all summer. When the heck is that thing going to be in stock?

Pugnax said:
Yeah I've been waiting for the Shinza all summer. When the heck is that thing going to be in stock?
I dunno when the shinza is going to be back in stock.....but that IS the laptop case to get...its just awesome. My 700m looked like new after being caried in the shinza/backpack combo for just over a year (and then i sold it for a loss of only 100 bucks....thats right...100 bucks to use a 700m for a year......muhaha).
Now im waiting for MBP with merom....damn u apple get going.

AuroraProject said:
Those look great, are they worth the price?
I agree, those do look apealing. I kinda want to play with one to see how it works.

zwbuntster said:

How about this http://isoglossia.com/?p=375
Although you can't BUY this as a WHOLE product but it should keep you well for a while until you find that ultimate bag or sleeve you want. ;)

611109.jpg

http://www.ogio.com/product.php?product=128

I'm going to be purchasing this bag here shortly.

-Matt

Cobreth said:
611109.jpg

http://www.ogio.com/product.php?product=128

I'm going to be purchasing this bag here shortly.

-Matt

Funny you should mention this. I saw this exact bag at SportChalet the other day and really liked it. The only problem was, the laptop compartment is right up against your back (although a cool design) so I am worried that it might take the wrong kind of pressure. It would be fine if I could fit a sleeve inside that space but I am not sure it is even big enough for the laptop alone. I guess I could put a sleeve in the large compartment and put some foam on a th bottom to support it. How would that work? Otherwise, I too really like that bag.

I think that an army style assault pack with a neoprene case for your laptop is the way to go. That's what I use and I couldn't be happier. I have a SPEC-OPS bag with an INCASE neoprene. A laptop bag is too specialized for a utilitarian. All in all I spent 100 bucks but I can do anything. Best part is I can fit three 1 liter bottles in the outside pocket cause I'm a water buffalo.

zwbuntster said:
The only problem was, the laptop compartment is right up against your back (although a cool design) so I am worried that it might take the wrong kind of pressure.
Where else would the compartment go? That's the only place I've ever seen it in a laptop backpack.

-Matt

Back