I Need Some Game Recommendations!

Puterguru

2[H]4U
By this time next week I hope to have a brand new shiny ASUS ROG laptop sitting at home ready to game with. My current PC is seven years old and I haven't gamed in at least 4 years.

What do I like?

The last game that I played and finished was Half Life 2. I really enjoyed that. I mostly seem to like run and gun shooters, like Painkiller, HL2 was great. Multiplayer death matches, etc...

What has came out in the last several years that I might enjoy? Even if it's years old I don't care.

Thanks in advance!

If you don't mind silly, try the Saint's Row titles out. The Fear series is extremely good too. Stalker takes a lot of time to get into (painfully difficult initially) but once you get into it, its hard to drop.

If you don't mind silly, try the Saint's Row titles out. The Fear series is extremely good too. Stalker takes a lot of time to get into (painfully difficult initially) but once you get into it, its hard to drop.
Thanks, I forgot to mention that I have played FEAR and enjoyed that. Played Stalker as well and found it a little difficult for me...

The last game that I played and finished was Half Life 2. I really enjoyed that. I mostly seem to like run and gun shooters, like Painkiller, HL2 was great. Multiplayer death matches, etc...

Play HL2: Episode 1 & 2? One is short and ok but Episode 2 is excellent.

Stalker series
bf4
crysis series
dishonor
bioshock 1 and 3
Shadow warrior
wolfenstein the new order
planetside
tribes ( the new one, i forget the name)
serious Sam 3
bulletstorm
FEAR

Dude, welcome back! Went through the same thing last year - there's some good stuff around.

Check out Bioshock Infinite. Loads of fun and interesting story. I found it better than the first one. I also had an absolute blast with Far Cry 3. And Crysis 1-3.

For shits & giggles, try Mark of The Ninja - cheap on Steam and a great time killer.

Bioshock Series
Farcry 3
Singularity - very underrated. you will like it if you try and like bioshock.

if you never played System Shock 2 get in on Steam or GoG

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Crysis 1-3

Borderlands 1-2: An RPG shooter with all kinds of craziness that might be up your alley.

Titanfall: Multiplayer-only. Survival in this game is all about how well you stay mobile. Has parkour, verticality, and fast movement that makes it akin to shooters from the late-90s-early-00s.
Oh yeah, it also has "medium-sized" mechs :D. People around here like to call it "Call of Duty with mechs," but it reminds me more of Unreal Tournament 2004 with its own unique flavor ;).

Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light are also good ones to add to the list.

Stalker series
bf4
crysis series
dishonor
bioshock 1 and 3
Shadow warrior
wolfenstein the new order
planetside
tribes ( the new one, i forget the name)
serious Sam 3
bulletstorm
FEAR

Good list. I'd add RAGE to that. (yeah yeah yeah.... but it's a good run and gun with decent driving on the side, and it's fun believe it or not) Dishonor and BioShock 1 are excellent games. Bioshock Infinite is good too, but I put it below 1. Oh and as mentioned just above, the Metro games are also very cool.

Edit: Also as above Borderlands! (best with co-op/friends, but still holds up ok though for less time single player)

Last edited by a moderator:
BF4 and Dark Souls 2 are my current favourites. Pick up an XBOX 360 controller for DS2 for full enjoyment.

+1 for the Metro Series especially if you want to make your mobile gfx card cry.

Did anyone ever play that Hunted game? Kind of a fantasy action shooter sort of thing. Since we're on the topic of run and gun shooter sorts of things, it popped into my head. It looked like it could be fun, or totally suck, and then I forgot about it completely until now. :D I can't hit most gaming sites from here, so I can't look it up at the moment.

Back