I need an AGP card for $150

puppetzz said:
can anyone help me out?

You might want to explain...

1. why you need the card (surfing, gaming, ect) (if gaming, what games?)
2. what your current system is (cpu, ram, power supply, hd)
3. your operating system (windows 95, 98, XP, mac).

1. Everything, high end games included
2. AMD 64 3000+ 1gb ddr400 500W very good PSU
3. XP

the x800 series is your best bet you might be able to find an x850xt for 150$

I have an X850XT-PE that I purchased awhile back that smokes for WoW, and did the same with EQ2 before I switched games. I have no idea how it handles other games though since WoW is my religion. :D

Until I'm absolutely forced I refuse to switch to PCIe. New card(s) + new mobo = way too much money to justify the change.

i agree with the others on the X800 series. you can compare the cards your interested in on gpureview.com. price isn't always an indicator of performance. if you can afford another 50 bucks you can move into the 7600GT range.

jmb2112 said:
I have an X850XT-PE that I purchased awhile back that smokes for WoW, and did the same with EQ2 before I switched games. I have no idea how it handles other games though since WoW is my religion. :D

Until I'm absolutely forced I refuse to switch to PCIe. New card(s) + new mobo = way too much money to justify the change.
my x800 xt pe did quite well. although i was (and still atm) using a 1280x768 monitor, so i wasnt pushing too much resolution.

Martyr said:
my x800 xt pe did quite well. although i was (and still atm) using a 1280x768 monitor, so i wasnt pushing too much resolution.

I'm currently running at 1680*1050 and it pushes those pixels like a trooper. In fact for a few days I had a 24" running at 1980*1200 and was surprised that there was almost no difference at all from the former resolution.

Tzzird said:
he said AGP

Am I missing something? I think I typed AGP,

Save up $50 and get a X1950pro. I saw the AGP X1950pro at Best Buy for 199~

Also known as ACCELERATED GRAPHICS PORT.

Also known as HORRIBLY PRICE GOUGED PORT.

The only X1950 Pro I see at Best Buy is $299.99, a Visiontek. Have a link to help us out? I would appreciate it.

I wish I would have seen the 512mb X1950Pro for $249 before I order a new mobo with PCI-e and a new card to replace my AGP system!

One thing, when you use that link for ZipZoomFly the description says 512mb but the browser window says 256mb in the title line. Not sure which is the typo.

Riddlinkidstoner said:

Where the heck is it for $199? I've passed up getting them because they are $299...

I would rather go cheaper then more expensive. $150 is more of a limit. Why did Newegg take away the x850pro for $140 I was going to get that

you know, the x800 series got screwed up in the end, and companies started putting in R430, R428, and R480 cores into any X800 series card, whether it's a GTO or an XT PE. I'd just go and buy an X800GTO and overclock that, or get an X800XT (which is just the X850XT) if you can't find that X850pro

I'll sell you a semi-new X850XT Platinum Edition 256mb Asus AXHDTV card.

I'll shitin' ship it to you in the mail too.

I saw it at the Best Buy in Colma for $199, i even had it price checked at the counter to be sure...but i dont have $199 to buy it with. The box said it was AGP 8x so i dunno.

Riddlinkidstoner said:
Am I missing something? I think I typed AGP,

Also known as ACCELERATED GRAPHICS PORT.

Also known as HORRIBLY PRICE GOUGED PORT.

your sarcasm is duly noted.

and no, you didn't see an agp version for $199. your eyes were deceiving you. it's either pci-exp for $199 or agp for $299.

enough arguing this is getting off topic. How is the x800GTO. I can get one for about $140

how much will the 1950 be by christmas? is there any price drops for the agp?

I swear on my computer i saw it for $199 and the box AND tag said AGP x8. Could of been a local store pricing error.

puppetzz said:
enough arguing this is getting off topic. How is the x800GTO. I can get one for about $140

can unlock to 16 pipes, but $140 is way too overpriced. $90-110 more like it

Riddlinkidstoner said:
I swear on my computer i saw it for $199 and the box AND tag said AGP x8. Could of been a local store pricing error.

should've picked one up and resold it. hell, i might just pass by covina and pick that up.

puppetzz said:
You're getting gouged. The X800GTO doesn't have the same number of pipes as an X850XT. I wouldn't pay more than $100 for an X800GTO when the X850XT can be had for perhaps $30-40 more, and be far faster.

You can get a used X850XT or X850XT-PE AGP card for under $150. This is hands-down the best card you can get in AGP for your budget if you're serious about gaming. Everything else in its league will cost you more money (i.e., 7800GS, X1950Pro), or give you lower performance. Note: The X850 Pro also has lower specs than the X850XT; make sure you get the XT card.

If you need cheaper yet, the X800XL is a good, 16-pipe card that should be reasonable in AGP format. It's faster than the X850Pro or X800GTO (which I believe only has 12 pixel pipelines), and like the X850XT, should beat nVidia's 6600GT, and be slightly faster than the 6800GT in all but a few OpenGL titles. I'd guess it's probably available for $100-120 used or less.

mrmodman said:
how much will the 1950 be by christmas? is there any price drops for the agp?

I doubt the x1950pro will drop much in the few weeks before christmas... I think first there will need to be more places that sell them before any price drops are made. What you will really need to look for are places that just sell them cheaper to begin with as I don't think $299 is quite worth the price; $249 yes; anything cheaper then HELL YES :)

@ puppetzz - I'll be down with selling you my 6800GS with a NVsilencer cooler by AC for $100. I just need to man up and buy the x1950pro first ;). As for that 7600GT, if you can get your hands on one of those I've been told that they are about on par with a 7800GS depending on what game you are running. So yes a 7600GT would be a great upgrade as well

Someone probably put the cards in the wrong area. The PCIE version is 199, the AGP is 299.

I just bought the AGP one from my store for 235. Gotta love the employee discount. :D

Wicked fast. :)

Sweet. Mwave is also offering $10 off for new customers. Now I can get a 7600GT for $158 shipped

puppetzz said:
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearc...D=done&nextloc=

Its $158 after the coupon. Thats a good deal right?

Mwave returns an error on that link for me.

I'd be watching the FS/FT forum, or post a WTB thread there. You're going to get less card for more money in your price range if you buy a brand-new AGP card rather than used.

If you were trying to refer to this card, it's an okay deal for new, but a used X850XT card would be a better choice, IMO.

EDIT: to everyone crapping in the thread about a card they have for sale, why don't you just freaking PM the OP?

Back