I Need a Programmer for a single job

tec805

Gawd
Anyone here write code or know of a place I can find a programmer for a single job?

I want to have a client application to update the IP address of said client to my DNS entries on Godaddy, but I'm not sure that is feasible. Think dynamic DNS. If the cost is less than paying for DYN.com then it might be worth it (of course the client needs to be easy to install, small and stable). Am I asking for too much? TIA!

You want someone to write a dynamic DNS updater for less than 35 bucks.

Nice troll. Really well executed.

EDIT: Not only that, but since you use GoDaddy, you can't even update DNS. They have no DNS API.

I have a few hundred clients, but only a couple dozen need DNS updates. I should have made that clear in my original post.

If Godaddy is an issue then I'll research alternate providers. Maybe there is already such a client available?

I would suggest that you're not likely to get a commercial-grade application for less than $200.

Unless there is alternative commercial opportunity for the app and the developer can sell it to others I don't suspect you'll find any takers.

$200 isn't an issue. Having an application that works is the issue. I would think someone has already accomplished this task, I just don't know the verbige to search for it on google.

That looks like a nice little client for existing services. I was hoping some a client that updates my DNS directly or my web server instead of relying on other DYNDNS services. I've tried googling for "host dynamic dns service" and similar wording, but found nothing yet.

Doesn't WHMCS do this?

GoDaddy sucks for DNS anyway... sometimes it just randomly resets or doesn't take at all!!

As a programmer I won't even pick up the phone for $200... Talking to you, and comprehending your exact needs and writing a plan most likely cost more than that ;)

I think ENOM and MONIKER have APIs you can use too.

Back