I need a php/mysql article/review posting script

I would be interested in this as well.

so does hardocp lend that script out or what?

We (Cliff and myself) have talked about releasing it and the news script, but haven't gotten around to making it more compatible with different systems. There are also several things in the current version of it that I wish I had time to rewrite.

SoRnMaN said:
We (Cliff and myself) have talked about releasing it and the news script, but haven't gotten around to making it more compatible with different systems. There are also several things in the current version of it that I wish I had time to rewrite.

are you talkin about the hardocp one?

No, according to the HardGaming site, they use Newspro (see link at the bottom of their news). They just made it to look like the HardOCP news format.

anyway, to answer the general question, what you're really looking for is a Content Management System (CMS). There's been two or three threads concerning them in the last couple weeks, with links to virtually all of them inside. I personally use MovableType, though that may not be suitable for a for-profit review site. i've also used NewsPro/Coranto, though I understood that to be a defunct project.

I currently use Coranto on my site. But there are no good mods that do what i want for reviews. I have to manually add a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 star graphic. I cant split a review up into 3-5 diffrent sections, they are all on page long. and there are some other goodies that are missing ala i have to do manually.

I have been looking for a lightweight, flexible, flat file PHP CMS for a new site I am throwing together.

xeCMS is doing the trick, but with a bit of hackery. If you are looking for a "fixer-upper" this is a great CMS to jump into. I have done some PHP/MySQL development work in the past, but I don't see a need for this project and xeCMS is a nice platform to improve upon and drop some new features into.

Back