I need a new monitor. Any help would be appreciated!

jester1176

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I've currently got a HP 2509m that is going out on me. It's served me well for a couple of years but its time has come and gone.

I'd like a new monitor to be the following:

25-27 inches
great for gaming
budget friendly (no more than $250 US)

I'm not a stickler for specs. I just want something that works well.

I'm hoping to purchase tomorrow so I'll be monitoring this thread to answer any questions that may pop up.

Thanks everyone

The condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death

When I said "questions" I meant anything that would help you guys help me out.

now, can we get back to the topic at hand?

I'm not sure how to format this to actually get responses but I'm kind of disappointed that the only feedback I got was someone poking some fun.

At that pricerange, you can consider one of the 27" 1080p IPS models. Although it may be closer to $300ish than $250. If a risk taker, there are also the Korean 1440p IPS models on eBay.

If motion is your main concern, look into the LightBoost TN models. Keep in mind that angles and color accuracy will suffer when compared to IPS though.

I haven't followed 27"ers very closely, or I'd list specific models. But at $250 or so, you may be rather limited as to good choices. Usually $250-$350 may get you a decent 23"-24" IPS, so it's a stretch to go into 27" land, unless you stick to 1080p. And even then, I am not sure you can even get one for $250.

After doing a bit of hunting, I think I can stretch the budget to about $300 but not much more than that.

I managed to pick up a pixel perfect Qnix Qx2700 on eBay for $340 and am now disappointed because there are ones on eBay for $320, hmph. Well those are PLS, and I'm not really sure the difference. Anyway, the ones I'm referring to are 27" monitors that use the Apple IPS 2560 x 1440 panels. I personally couldn't be happier with mine. No dead pixels, minimal back light bleed that can only be seen on a completely blank screen, and a gorgeous super bright display. The only issues I have with mine are the ugly bezel and weak stand. There are models with different bezels/stands and the it's a standard VESA mount so aftermarket stands/mounts can be purchased.

IMO, 27" is just too big for 1080p, and after seeing them side by side I think 24" is pushing it. There's even a USA seller selling a used perfect pixel Potalion model for $299 free shipping. BOOM now we're in budget lol! I'd grab that one. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back