I need a LGA 775 Mobo that supports Crossfire and SLI

l88bastard

2[H]4U
I thank ye [H]ardites for any help on this,

Basically I have an EVGA 750i FTW Mobo and I am switching over from Nvidia 8800ultras to ATI 5870s, so I now need a mobo that can do crossfire, however I would prefer one that does both crossfire and SLI so I don't have to switch it out if I choose to go back to nvidia when the GT300 drops.

I would prefer a board that would handle TRIFIRE OR TRISLI!!

I am currently running a Q6700 ocd to 3.6ghz and have 8 gigs of DDR2 1066 ram. I don't wanna go thru the hassle and expense of buying a new processor and ram just yet. I just want a mobo capable of crossfire and SLI.

I looked on newegg, but I didnt see any. Can anybody help me out with this?

Thanks!!

I thought only the x58 chipset boards can support both ATI and Nvidia

I don't think they exist. You'd have to move up to the X58/i7 realm to get Crossfire and SLI on the same board.

I don't think they exist. You'd have to move up to the X58/i7 realm to get Crossfire and SLI on the same board.

There were 680i boards used by HP in the Blackbird that had a custom bios that allowed both crossfire and SLI. I have seen them from time to time but they are rare. You might find one on eBay.

There were 680i boards used by HP in the Blackbird that had a custom bios that allowed both crossfire and SLI. I have seen them from time to time but they are rare. You might find one on eBay.

I think I do remember that now, but they are very rare, and for what you'd pay for that board compared to what it's worth.

If you're going to swap the motherboard out anyway, and you know you're going Crossfire, just get a X48 board. Newegg has the X48 DFI board for $120.

By the time Nvidia gets the new chips up and running and reasonably priced, I'm sure you could get a good deal on a X58 board with SLI support.

If it was, it probably depended on the cards being used. Maybe with the 9XXX series, but very likely not with the 2XX series cards.

Back