I need a laptop to run Linux on

Lyric Suite

Limp Gawd
As well as Windows XP (dual boot). My budget is around 350$. One caveat: i tend to play a lot of games, but mostly older ones (up to 2004, not sure i really like the way gaming has been heading since then. The only modernish game i play often is Eve Online, but with the new expansions i don't know if i can meet the recommended requirments with my budget). Thus, i don't need a particularly powerful machine, but i suppose something that IS somewhat gaming oriented would be nice. Plus, i also need something with good scaling capabilities, since very few old games run in widescreen. Also, good sound would be nice, but perhaps at that price range i'm asking a bit too much.

Any recommendations?

Yes. I also want to use Linux mint so it doesn't need to have Linux pre-installed per se, all i need is compatible drivers.

Almost any laptop you can imagine has compatible drivers, you will just need to look around a little bit.
What are the other specificaitons of what you would like?
Gaming and Linux tend not to mix too well, so beware.

If used is okay, get a used T61 from here. Thinkpads have great Linux support.

if you dont mind about used item and lack of warranty, local craigslist seems to best option, I once saw an x61 go for $350

Back