I need a good gamepad for some games need help

RyanH

Limp Gawd
Ok so I just bought the PC version of Devil May Cry 4 a few days ago but I noticed right away that the keyboard/mouse setup just doesnt work well at all for this game at all so now I need to decide on a good gamepad to buy. I do own a PS3 and I did find some drivers that suppossedly make the sixaxis controller work with 32bit Windows OS but unfortuneately it doesnt work with any 64bit windows OS which is what I have. So I went to bestbuy today to buy some games and saw 2 gamepads Xbox 360 Controller for windows and Logitech Dual Action Gamepad. Was just wondering what you guys would recommend for a good all around gamepad to play PC games with. Feel free to recommend another controller those were the only 2 I saw. I did see that the Xbox 360 controller in the Xbox section of the store was a little bit cheaper as well would that work just the same?

Ok so I just bought the PC version of Devil May Cry 4 a few days ago but I noticed right away that the keyboard/mouse setup just doesnt work well at all for this game at all so now I need to decide on a good gamepad to buy. I do own a PS3 and I did find some drivers that suppossedly make the sixaxis controller work with 32bit Windows OS but unfortuneately it doesnt work with any 64bit windows OS which is what I have. So I went to bestbuy today to buy some games and saw 2 gamepads Xbox 360 Controller for windows and Logitech Dual Action Gamepad. Was just wondering what you guys would recommend for a good all around gamepad to play PC games with. Feel free to recommend another controller those were the only 2 I saw. I did see that the Xbox 360 controller in the Xbox section of the store was a little bit cheaper as well would that work just the same?

Get the 360 gamepad, it works wonders and most games you buy already come working with the 360 gamepad. The one you saw at the 360 section probably doesn't have the connector to pc, probably explains the price difference.

I have the 360 gamepad for my pc and it works really well with most of the newer pc games since a lot are just port overs from the 360.

EDIT: That saitek cyborg looks pretty spiffy too!

I have a wireless 360 controller with the usb adaptor to work on pc and 360 still in the box. retails for 60 at bestbuy hit me a offer if you want.

I agree with getting a console controller.

If you don't like the 360 controller, I bought a playstation controller at walmart and radio shack sells a psx to usb converter. I went this route after the cheaply made PC brands kept breaking, including logitech.

Definitely recommend the 360 controller. As refraxion stated, most newer games that require a controller are console ports and are designed for the 360 so it works perfect.

Back