I need a free telnet server for Windows

Sometwo

Limp Gawd
I'm working on a project and I need a free telnet (not SSH) server that runs on Windows. I tried KpyM, however it is handicapped unless you purchase it. I need one that is fully functional (even if it is for a limited amount of time) and I need to be able to login as many times as I want without it locking the account. Anyone know of a telnet server that would work?

feigned

[H]ard|Gawd
There's one built in to Server.

If that's not what you need, look into Georgia Softworks' telnet server.

Xipher

2[H]4U
Install the telnet server Microsoft provides, I would think that should work well enough.

Just be careful, telnet is entirely clear text so your password will be visible on the wire.

Sometwo

Limp Gawd
Well the reason I want it is so I can run a dictionary attack against it with either Hydra or Brutus. I tried the telnet server on XP, and there doesn't seem to be a way to stop the telnet server from droping the connection after 3 failed logins. I think that might be interfering with the password crackers I'm using. :(

Sometwo

Limp Gawd
There's one built in to Server.

If that's not what you need, look into Georgia Softworks' telnet server.

I've looked into that. They call it a telnet server, but when you download it, it says it's a terminal server. You sure that's what I need?

Xipher

2[H]4U
While I thank you for being honest, you lack a sufficient reason as to WHY you are attempting to crack passwords. Until then you can count me out for help.

darkar

Weaksauce
putty ?
or
install linux and run it from any terminal window :p
or use a mac

try not to be so 1990 .. lolerskates im a hacker script kiddies we will mailbomb u hahahha

ill just call you zero cool from now on!

neeyo

Gawd
putty ?
or
install linux and run it from any terminal window :p
or use a mac

try not to be so 1990 .. lolerskates im a hacker script kiddies we will mailbomb u hahahha

ill just call you zero cool from now on!

He's looking for a telnet server, not a client.

Sometwo

Limp Gawd
While I thank you for being honest, you lack a sufficient reason as to WHY you are attempting to crack passwords. Until then you can count me out for help.

I need to do it for a school project. I have a few computers and I want to break into one of them through telnet, and then analyze the Network Based Evidence (NBE). I'm looking the server not a password cracker, so you know I don't have malicious intentions...