I need a cheap VOIP provider

(V)andopr77

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
213
I just set up an Asterisk server and played with it one my local network. It's working good...now its time to test it on outbound calls. Anyone know of a good/cheap VOIP provider?
 

Kaos

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 14, 2003
Messages
1,328
freeworlddialup


theres alot, it depends on your definition of cheap.
 

(V)andopr77

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
213
Kaos said:
freeworlddialup


theres alot, it depends on your definition of cheap.

Cheap as in...good service and reasonably priced, compared to other providers.
 

PHUNBALL

Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
743
(V)andopr77 said:
Cheap as in...good service and reasonably priced, compared to other providers.

Really, cheap in the IP Communications world generally does not equal good quality, but considering all of this inexpensive voice service is being hauled across the Internet with no QoS what does it really matter, the quality is going to suffer no matter who you go with...


There are quite a few "roll your own" VoIP providers out there these days selling cheap service...
 

XOR != OR

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
11,549
PHUNBALL said:
Really, cheap in the IP Communications world generally does not equal good quality, but considering all of this inexpensive voice service is being hauled across the Internet with no QoS what does it really matter, the quality is going to suffer no matter who you go with...
I think it's better to say the quality is "undefined". I've had good luck with voip providers with my asterisk boxes, but it can fluxuate.
 
Top